Acting Chief II Pharmacist |Dispensary & Clinical Services
Full Time |Specified Purpose Contract, Minimum 1 year
For more than 100 years, Bon Secours Hospital has been meeting community needs and achieving break through medical advances in care. We are committed to providing our patients and their families with the very best care and the very best experience. Bon Secours has 5 technologically advanced hospitals located in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Tralee and Limerick and a Care Village in Cork.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Pharmacists for the position of Chief II Pharmacist in our Cork hospital.
Key Duties Responsibilities:
- The management and oversight of dispensary services within the hospital to ensure the delivery of a safe, legal, efficient and cost-effective drug distribution service.
- Ensuring the purchase, storage and supply of all medicinal products is operated safely, appropriately and economically, consistent with quality at pharmacy, ward and department levels and with reference to clinical appropriateness.
- The supervision, development and monitoring of the clinical pharmacy services.
- Promoting safe medication management practices within the dispensary and in the wider hospital and effectively managing risk to facilitate continuous improvement in the medicines management process.
- Providing advice and education to Nursing and Medical staff on the proper, safe and economic use of drugs including participation in initiatives for the dissemination of information.
- Liaising with Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical, other relevant stakeholders including the Quality and Risk Department to ensure safe standardised medicines management processes and to implement quality improvement initiatives
- The development, coordination and performance of audits and Key Performance indicators (KPIs).
- Participating in the Drugs and Therapeutics Committee including the preparation of reports, audits and KPIs.
- Providing leadership and acting as a role model, ensuring effective communication to and between all members of the pharmacy department
- Actively participating in the recruitment, induction, and development of staff involved in the dispensary and clinical services.
- Acting as Line Manager to Senior Dispensary Technicians and Clinical Pharmacists.
- Managing resources effectively and efficiently, having reference to budgetary provision.
- Participating in the Hospital’s JCI accreditation process.
- Deputising for the Chief I Pharmacist as required and performing any other duties as assigned.
Essential Criteria, the candidate will:
- Be registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland or be entitled to be so registered.
- Have at last 5 years satisfactory post registration hospital experience.
- Be able to demonstrate
- excellent planning, organisational and resource management skills
- excellent leadership, interpersonal and people management skills
- experience of quality improvement initiatives
- Experience in management, training and supervision of Pharmacy staff.
- A relevant management development course.
- A further qualification such as a post graduate diploma or MSc in Clinical Pharmacy.
Informal inquiries in relation to this position can be made by contacting Susanne O’Shea, Chief I Pharmacist, Bon Secours Hospital, College Road, Cork.
Applications for the above post are to be submitted online to Mandy O’Sullivan, Talent Acquisition Specialist. To be considered for this role you will be redirected to our careers page where you can upload your resume. Not all fields in the application process are required to submit your CV successfully. Please ensure you have received a notification that your application is submitted.
Please click to APPLY.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 7th July 2022
BON SECOURS HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER