Excel Recruitment is currently hiring experienced Healthcare Assistants for agency shift work in Galway city & county.
Agency shift work can offer you the flexibility to pick the hours that suit you and your lifestyle, family, or academic commitments, across a variety of locations and work experience in several different areas of healthcare.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you should be passionate about your work and committed to helping people while delivering the best in compassionate care to enhance the quality of life of their patients and to maintain the highest standards.
Excel Healthcare works with private nursing homes, hospitals, and community units across Galway city & county.
Working with Excel Recruitment will allow you to gain experience across a wide variety of areas like elder care, dementia care, and intellectual disability.
- Deliver high standards of care while maintaining the dignity of the patient
- Carry out assigned tasks as directed
- Take positive direction while working alone or as part of the team
- Support the staff in caring for patients
- Assisting patients with daily personal care
- You must currently reside in Ireland with a valid work visa(if required)
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Healthcare
- Courses in Care of the Elderly and Care Skills or equivalent
- Must be able to provide at least 2 written references
- Valid certificates for Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults, CPR, Patient Moving, Infection Control, and CPI / MAPA (completed within the last 18 months)
- Strong knowledge of HIQA Standards
- Own transport is a distinct advantage but not required.
- Shifts available to suit your schedule
- Gain experience in various working environments
- Get paid weekly, and accumulate holiday pay entitlements
- Work as much or as little as you want
- Be part of an experienced and qualified healthcare team
- Have a dedicated consultant who looks after you and your career
- Salary Range €11-15 per hour & Sunday and Bank Holiday premiums
Working as a Healthcare Assistant with Excel Recruitment you will:
- Possess a caring and energetic attitude in the workplace environment.
- Be a team player, helping to promote great working conditions, colleague relations, and care to clients.
- You work well using both your initiative and in a team environment.
- Carry out duties in a timely manner.
If you are interested in this Healthcare Assistant position, or any other jobs on the Excel Recruitment website, please contact Katie via the link below or on or email