AKTA and Chromatography Proteins Specialist
Our client, a blue-chip global company focused on life-saving technology and services in Life Sciences industry, now seeks an experienced AKTA and Chromatography Proteins Specialist, who will enable
scientists have access to the resources and knowledge required to discover, develop, and produce therapeutics and diagnostic solutions.
Key remit: the successful candidate will focus on advanced application support: helping to develop both optimal upstream and downstream solutions; providing consultation on best solutions based on manufacturing goals, and hardware and software regulations and qualifications.
Technical responsibilities will include running instrument demonstrations, customer training and application support. This state-of-the-art technology will be fundamental for biological research in developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies.
Additionally, this hire will create new business opportunities in working with ÄKTA customers to drive new sales through instrument replacement, adding capacity and competitor displacement.
This role requires a candidate who has proven Protein Purification expertise, in using lab scale AKTA chromatography instruments. This hire will undergo advanced training and development, increasing their knowledge to specialist level, who can then assist customer base with: automating protein purification, troubleshooting purification challenges in research applications and development of scalable protein purification methods and processes.
Key skills required to be successful in this role:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in giving compelling technical seminars and/or product demonstrations is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, plus experience of using these skills to participate in cross-functional teams.
- Positive attitude always, able to energize colleagues, collaborate and build rapport.
- Self-starter able to manage time and organise and prioritise workload.
- Persistence and tenacity in managing sales prospects and closing business.
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, internal and external.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals.
Requirements for AKTA and Chromatography Proteins Specialist:
- Bachelors’ Degree in a Life Science related discipline. Masters or PhD qualification gained working in the Life Science industry is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of proteins and chromatography gained from working in Life Science research, or equivalent commercial experience.
- Hands-on experience with ÄKTA chromatography systems and Unicorn software. Additional training will be provided.
- Experience of the bioprocess industry is desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to travel is essential, since the role is customer-facing with 70-80% time in the field.
- Customer-centric attitude, able to balance the needs of the customer
- Ability to comprehend company technology and relate this information to others in an understandable way.
- Commercial experience is desirable.
For further details, please contact Larry on /
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
Follow us on: , ,