Assistant Director of Nursing
An excellent nursing home group in Dublin is expanding and hiring a Director of Nursing for their nursing home in Dublin South
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) will report directly to the Operations Manager (PIC).
The primary role of the ADON will be one of professional and business leadership in the day-to-day operations of the Unit. To achieve this, the ADON will be required to fulfil, in line with documented policies and procedures, Nurse Manager responsibilities in the following areas:
- Governance and Management
- Clinical care
- Social care
- Transitions, transfers and occupancy management
- Family support
- HR management
- Financial and administration management
- Facility management
The successful candidate must hold the following qualifications and experience to fulfil the requirements of this role:
- A registered General Nurse on the Register of Nurses held by Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- A post registration management qualification in health or a related field.
- Not less than 3 years’ experience of nursing older persons within the previous 6 years.
- Not less than 3 years’ experience in a management capacity in the health and social care area
- The ability to communicate effectively with residents, family members, team members, management and external bodies e.g. HIQA, HSE, GPs etc.
- Post registration qualification in dementia care and gerontology, highly desirable.
This renowned nursing home promotes teamwork and excellent provision of care. Offering flexible work practices, a friendly and homely working atmosphere, promotional, learning and developmental opportunities. They pride themselves on exceptional resident care which stands at the forefront of their core values.
Highly competitive salary
Career advancement opportunities as part of a successful group
Employee Assistance Programme
nursing ADON nurse manager healthcare
For immediate interview please email CV
or call Louise on for more information