Virtue Integrated Elder Care’s The Four Ferns, a 5-star purpose built elder care facility in Foxrock, is currently recruiting for an Assistant Director of Nursing to support exciting expansion, growth and development.
Our commitment is to enhance the quality of life for all our Residents. Together, we achieve this by living our core company values in relation to communication, respecting Residents’ rights, choice and individuality, promoting their independence and collaborating with our many community partners.
It is our mission to ensure that Residents feel valued and loved within their homes. Our strong family ethos and team of talented, diverse and caring Colleagues is central to the creation of a supportive and nurturing environment that creates a strong sense of home for our Residents.
Our core company values:
Communication | Privacy, Respect & Dignity| Choice | Independence | Individuality | Rights | Community Partnership
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) will report directly to the Operations Manager (PIC).
The primary role of the ADON will be one of professional and business leadership in the day-to-day operations of the Unit. To achieve this, the ADON will be required to fulfil, in line with documented policies and procedures, line manager responsibilities in the following areas:
1.Governance and Management
2. Clinical care
3. Social care
4. Transitions, transfers and occupancy management
5. Family support
6. HR management
7. Financial and administration management
8. Facility management
The successful candidate must hold the following qualifications and experience to fulfil the requirements of this role:
• A registered General Nurse on the Register of Nurses held by Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
• A post registration management qualification in health or a related field.
• not less than 3 years’ experience of nursing older persons within the previous 6 years.
• not less than 3 years’ experience in a management capacity in the health and social care area
• The ability to communicate effectively with residents, family members, team members, management and external bodies e.g. HIQA, HSE, GPs etc.
• Post registration qualification in dementia care and gerontology, highly desirable.
We are renowned for teamwork and excellent provision of care. Offering flexible work practices, a friendly and homely working atmosphere, promotional, learning and developmental opportunities. We pride ourselves with exceptional resident care which stands at the forefront of our core values.
What we offer:
• Highly competitive salary
• Pension Contribution
• Career advancement opportunities as part of a successful group
• Employee Assistance Programme
Virtue Integrated Elder Care is an equal opportunities employer.