Position: Assistant Vice President – Tax Compliance
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations. Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland-based Assistant Vice President to our Tax Compliance team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The successful candidate will form part of a dedicated tax compliance team reporting directly to a Senior Vice President and have responsibility for the tax compliance obligations of a portfolio of clients.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax, VAT, PAYE and Investment Undertaking Tax returns
- Coordinating relevant FATCA, CRS and Country-by-Country Reporting filing obligations
- Liaising with relevant parties to ensure tax returns are filed and tax payments are made in a timely and accurate manner
- Liaising with Maples and Calder, the auditors, investment managers and other transaction parties in respect of new and existing tax clients
- Liaising with Revenue for and on behalf of clients with respect to tax returns filed
- Assisting with preparation of client proposals and the on-boarding of new clients
- Assisting with billing, administration and client management
- AITI and ACA/ACCA qualified
- Ability to proactively monitor deadlines and client requirements
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- A desire to enhance technical knowledge and skills
Previous Financial Services Tax experience is preferable, but not essential.
Benefits & Rewards
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Social events
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world’s preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
You can learn more about the Maples Group on our corporate website. Experience our culture and our people on our Careers Page or on LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy /privacy for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.