Associate Project Manager (Work From Home)
We are currently looking for an Associate Project Manager (NPI) to join Galway’s leading Medical Device manufacuring Company. This is a permanent and hybrid role
About The Role:
Hours: 39 hour work week with a 1pm Friday finish
Benefits: Full benefits provided including pension, healthcare, bonus etc.
As Associate Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects, including leading a product or technology development project, moderate-sized Site Transfer / Acquisition projects, and as site representative for broader Global projects as required. It’s an exciting position with exposure to many key projects across the site and an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and skillset within the wider Boston network. Excellent opportunity for Senior Manufacturing Engineers who wish to progress to Project Manager level.
- Lead small/medium-sized cross-functional development teams through collaboration, alignment, ownership and holding team members accountable.
- Provide input to functional managers on the team and team member performance. Influences & satisfies key project stakeholders through each phase of the project.
- Manage the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; proactively identify, communicate and manage technical risk engaging the critical subject matter experts in this process.
- Develop and implement the project plan, proactively identifying risks and embedding appropriate mitigations into plans
- Build team ownership and commitment to the project plan outlining clear decision points Presenting options & recommendations to decision-makers supporting data/rationale.
- Develop and control the project budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Follow the appropriate applicable project roadmap (e.g. PLCP process for NPI, Product Transfer roadmap for Site Transfers etc.) and represent Operations on the overall Core Team; lead the Operations team to complete all activities to current policies and practices & represents same at all phase reviews.
- Responsible for the team and cross-functional communications ensuring appropriate communication is maintained throughout the project with key stakeholders and specific issues/decision points are communicated promptly.
- Ensure the communication is tailored for the audience, from Project Team reviews to Senior Leadership reviews. Lead phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other vital communications.
Education and Experience
- NFQ level 8 degree (240 credits) in a technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Science, Software, Manufacturing)
- 3-5 years of project management experience in operations or NPD environments.
- Experience in the medical devices industry is preferred.
- A formal Project Management qualification or certification is an advantage.
- Lead project management experience for complex projects involving multiple functions (e.g. Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering, Global Supply Chain) and Multiple Sites (e.g. Global or StAR projects, Strategic Transfers)
- Strong communication skills across all levels in the organisation
- Must have proven skills in people management, collaboration, influencing and team building
- Must be proficient with MS Project or similar Project planning tool