Job Title: Automation Engineer/Specialist
Closing date 08/08/2022
Department: Automation Engineering
About Pfizer Newbridge
Pfizer Newbridge was established in Co Kildare and is one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of solid dose pharmaceuticals. We are a key part of the Pfizer global manufacturing network, currently supplying over 80 product formulations across a wide range of product categories to more than 100 markets around the world. We are licensed for the manufacture of commercial and clinical trial materials, we also have a very significant research and development function.
We have over 1300 professionals on this site involved in state-of-the-art research, development, manufacturing, and our analytical technology, supporting some of the biggest selling solid dose pharmaceuticals in the global marketplace.
Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of automation processes for product supply or supporting networks and systems, engineering and automation are vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering and automation team, you will help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action. You will be service oriented; delivery focused and have the ability to build rapport with key members of the digital and engineering teams to implement changes and improvements to the site and projects.
What You Will Achieve
As a member of the Automation team, you will have the opportunity to troubleshoot and support a wide variety of system types and collaborate with departments across the site and vendors for issue resolution. You will be service orientated, delivery focused and have the ability to build rapport with key members of the operations and engineering teams in specifying and implementing automation changes fixes improvement projects and system troubleshooting.
Reporting to the Site Automation Lead, this permanent role is part of Automation team, delivering both sustaining activities & key projects as required.
How You Will Achieve It
- By supporting and troubleshooting PLC controlled manufacturing equipment while understanding impact of actions to Manufacturing and Facilities equipment.
- Providing technical expertise in process automation and equipment development.
- Developing automated system life cycle documents to meet cGMP requirements (i.e. SOPs, preventative maintenance procedures).
- Supporting department auditinspection readiness and participate in audits and regulatory inspections as required.
- Providing support in the areas of PM’s, engineering spares, maintenance, training programs, and Data Integrity.
- Implementing code or systems changes/upgrades on automation systems under site change control.
- By carrying out root cause analysis, incident investigations and troubleshooting issues related to equipment control systems.
- By providing technical support to partners within Engineering and Operations for automated systems.
- Liaising with external vendors, Global IT and internal stakeholders to ensure the issues are resolved.
- Supporting automation aspects for new projects and system upgrades, ensuring the equipment meets site requirements.
- Developing in-depth technical knowledge of automation systems on site.
- Supporting other activities as directed by the Site Automation Lead.
We are looking for candidates with the following background:
- Experience supporting PLC, SCADA/ HMI systems in a manufacturing environment specifically Siemens or Rockwell.
- Familiarity IT technologies is desirable, including MS server and Virtualisation.
- Familiarity in maintaining control networks and Ethernet communications.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process equipment.
- Experience in testing or validation and change control management.
- Appropriate Qualification (L7 with particular emphasis in ElectricalElectronics, AutomationMechatronics) and/or significant relevant industry experience.
- 3+ years of working experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
Standard (M-F) daytime. Work requires on-site presence.
Occasional national/international travel for equipment factory acceptance testing, training seminars, vendor meetings, work progress meetings, etc.
In order to be considered for this position in Ireland you need to be legally eligible to work in Ireland.
Please note there is no relocation support available for this position
How to apply
Make a difference today, all suitable candidates should apply with CV below. We are looking forward to hearing from you!