Headcount Solutions is seeking Automation Engineers to join our team at a leading multinational’s medical device facility in Limerick. This person will contribute to the development of machine design control systems including servo motion and high-speed device integration, as well as the following:
- Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment Lead Automation team as part of a project, to deliver robust technical solutions as per project timelines.
- Provide ideas and solutions for the improvement and development of control systems.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documentation and NC/CAPA actions.
- Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
- Participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs.
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software.
- Monitor and analyse opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science OR equivalent.
- 5/6 years’ experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
- Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Allen Bradley Guard Logix, APT, Siemens S7, Elau, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA, FactoryTalk View HMI software.
- Additional knowledge of Servo Motion Control, printer systems, vision systems, robotics, BCR, data analytics and RFID systems would be beneficial.
- Accustomed to working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
- Ability to organize, plan and execute multiple tasks to tight schedules, to ensure deliverables on time and within budget.
For further information please contact Mick directly or forward details in confidence below.