Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this post is to support the delivery of a quality microbiology service in compliance with best practice and the requirements of international standard ISO 15189.
Candidates must, on the latest date for receiving completed application forms for the post,
- Bachelor in Science (Applied Science) Honours degree (Biomedical option) from the Technological University of Dublin,
- Bachelor in Science Honours degree in Biomedical Science from the Joint University College Cork – Cork Institute of Technology course;
- (A) Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences of the Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin St., or the Cork Institute of Technology awarded prior to 1994;
- (B) Possess Certificate in Medical Laboratory Sciences of the Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin Street or Cork Institute of Technology or the Galway/Mayo Institute of Technology (awarded prior to 1997)
- A recognized qualification at least equivalent to (A) or (B) above;
- Be a member, or be eligible for membership, of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM)
- Be registered, or be eligible for registration with CORU
How to Apply & Informal Enquiries:
* Please note that you must submit a cover letter with your CV, this forms part of your application and CV’s will not be accepted without a detailed cover letter.*
Please click here for a copy of the job description for this post.
The closing date for submissions of CV’s and letter of application is Tuesday 26th July 2022 by 5pm. Applications must be completed through the advertised post on by clicking ‘Apply for Job’.
Applications will not be accepted through direct email or any other method.
For informal enquiries for this specialty/department, please contact
For other queries relating to this recruitment process, please contact .