Orwell Healthcare is one of Dublin’s most respected healthcare providers, with an unrivalled reputation for the care and consideration we demonstrate every day to our residents since 1987.
We have two locations based in Rathgar. Orwell Private includes Convalescence, Long Term Care, and an Acquired Brain Injury Unit. Our second location, Orwell Queen of Peace specializes in Long Term Care.
Our vision is to provide a continuum of care in a friendly, homely but luxurious environment – right in the heart of your own neighbourhood. This continuum is made up of residential long and short-term care, Acquired Brain Injury Care, Dementia Care and Respite Care, along with a wide variety of conditions. A friendly and supportive home care service is also provided for our more independent and self-reliant clients.
Orwell Healthcare is seeking to recruit an Occupational Therapist to join our Therapy Department which provides a range of services to our residents.
The Therapy Department consists of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Psychologists working closely with the Nursing team and the Healthcare Assistants. The residents profile includes older people on long term care units, convalescent care and younger residents with Acquired Brain Injuries. This is an excellent opportunity to develop within our organisation.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist
- A BSc in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent CORU registered Occupational Therapy qualification.
- Must be registered with CORU
- Must have at least 1-year experience of working with patients with disabilities, desired experience in acquired brain injury and complex neurological conditions.
- Have experience in seating assessment and prescription of seating systems
- Experience working with the older population.
- Excellent verbal and written skills essential in English.
- Familiar with the statutory body’s regulations and policies
Responsibilities of the Occupational Therapist
- To assess and treat residents in the ABI unit
- To assess and treat long term care residents requiring OT input, based on referrals
- To provide OT input for convalescence residents on site or as part of access visit if required
- To contribute to the collection of stats and recording of Key Quality Indicators for the therapy services.
- Demonstrate professionalism and excellent communication skills with other employees, residents and their families.
- Show initiative for own personal development.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post as directed by the Line Manager.
What we offer you:
- · Competitive rate of pay for the right candidate
- · Paid mandatory training
- · Subsidised café
- · Death in Service Insurance Benefit
- · Company Pension
- · Continuous Professional Development
- · Employee referral scheme
- · Tax saver scheme (Bus, Rail, Bike to work)
- · Employee assistance programme
Please note: all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
Orwell Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer.