The Bon Secours Private Hospital in Dublin is an independent acute care hospital located in Glasnevin in North Dublin providing medical care to patients from Dublin and across Ireland since 1951. The opening of the hospital followed a request by the then Archbishop of Dublin in 1944 who invited the Bon Secours to establish a hospital in Dublin. Building work commenced in 1947 and the hospital officially opened its doors on 2nd February 1951. Up to that point the Bon Secours sisters were a low key order in Dublin, although the foundation had arrived in Ireland in 1861.
The Bon Secours Hospital Dublin is part of the Bon Secours Health System Irelands largest healthcare group and includes hospitals in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Tralee, a care village in Cork and an outreach Clinic in Cavan. The Bon Secours Hospital Dublin as part of the Bon Secours Health System is a non for profit organisation with its mission centred on providing compassionate, world class medical treatment to all those it serves.