ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
This role is ideally suited for someone with previous budgeting or finance experience /qualifications who are interested in getting into a 360 business role where they will deal with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders across the whole business spectrum. You will have strong people and multi-tasking skills and enjoy working as part of a team. While previous CRO, Pharmaceutical or Science experience would be advantageous this is not essential.
As part of ICON’s Global Business Services team, as a Budget/Contract Analyst II you will work to develop and adapt clinical trial services budgets and contracts for ICON’s clients. You will collaborate with the global Contract Services, BD, Legal, Finance and Operational teams and lead budget and contract negotiations with our clients.
- Development and maintenance of clinical trial budgets and agreements for newly awarded and on-going projects at ICON.
- Working closely with Operational groups across the organisation to understand the components of the clinical trial and ensuring budgets are set up for success with full operational scope incorporated.
- Liaising with other Global Business Services teams to ensure Commercial, Legal and Financial agreements are acceptable.
- Providing insightful project/financial analysis on the project budget to justify budget changes prior to client submission.
- Preparing and negotiating cash neutral payment schedules.
- Being a key point of contact for the client. Negotiating budgets and agreements directly with our client counterparts.
- Participating in department process improvement initiatives.
To be successful in the role, you will ideally have:
- A degree in Life Sciences, Business, Finance, Legal or related discipline and strong Excel skills.
- Ability to prepare and analyse budgets is essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable hosting and presenting at team and client meetings.
- Ability to work collaboratively and develops strong working relationships across the team and with clients.
- Previous experience working within the Pharma / Clinical Research industry would be an advantage
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.