An exciting opportunity has become available for an Account Manager to join our Dublin based captive management team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to growth in an international risk and insurance environment as part of the Willis Towers Watson Group.
This is a hybrid role; initial induction and training will be in the Dublin office. Thereafter, all members of the team are entitled to work remotely if desired with the exception of attending the office (or other location as required) for client visits and quarterly Team Days or as business needs dictate.
- Overall responsibility for management of a portfolio of (re)insurance companies.
- Responsible for ensuring that client companies under management comply with Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) regulations and filing requirements under Solvency II legislation and guidelines.
- Maintaining an on-going relationship with assigned clients and gaining an understanding of the clients’ business and industry.
- Responsible for production of accurate and timely financial and management information for our clients to facilitate effective decision making.
- Relationship management with owner/parent company, insurance regulator, directors, auditors, actuaries, bankers, tax advisers etc.
- Account Management for specific clients:
- Work closely with underwriting team to ensure that each of our client companies’ reporting and control requirements are met in full, and on a timely basis.
- Review and or preparation of Management Accounts, and any other ad hoc reports and budgets, forecasts etc. in a format prescribed by our clients.
- Preparation and timely filing of all regulatory and statistical reporting requirements.
- Preparation of client companies’ year-end financial statements and liaising with external auditors.
- Monitoring of adherence to regulatory requirements including QRT submissions and the coordination of the ORSA.
- Monitoring and ensuring that each company complies with Irish Company Law.
- Liaising with tax advisors to ensure clients are in compliance with all relevant tax heads.
- Cooperate and liaise with the Heads of Function: Risk, Compliance, Actuarial and Internal Audit.
- Cash management and reconciliation in accordance with instructions provided by the Board, including liaison with the company’s Banks and Investment Managers and the production of appropriate reports.
- Liaise with client service team to coordinate client board meetings.
- Client entertainment, as required.
- Overall responsibility for organising and attendance of client board meetings including preparation and presentation of material.
- Hold a professional Accounting Qualification (ACA/ACCA etc.)
- 2-3 years+ post-qualification experience
- Strong financial accountant with good knowledge of international accounting standards
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Professional, inclusive and positive attitude
- Team player
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, producing high quality deliverables
Equal Opportunity Employer