Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Care 24-7, part of the Servisource/Cpl Group, are seeking to recruit a Care Coordinator to join our established team based in Shipley.
Care 24-7 provides care and support services to adults in the Bradford and Leeds Districts. The Care Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring high quality care and support services are provided to enable people to remain in their own home, living a fulfilled life, which respects their diversity, culture, and values.
Duties of the role will include but not limited to;
• Planning and managing own workload ensuring the effective running of the Company.
• Be responsible the daily workload and distribution of Care Assistants responding to service delivery issues as they arise.
• Maintenance and processing of information onto computerised and manual systems.
• Participate in on call on a rota basis as required by the service offered.
• Assisting with the induction and training of care workers within the Company.
• Implement, monitor and evaluate the Individual Support and Assessment Procedures within your area of responsibility. This includes communicating with customers, their families and professionals.
• Assist the Care Manager to identify and act upon any changes in care needs and adjusting fees to meet costs.
• Implement, monitor and evaluate quality assurance procedures within your area of responsibility.
• Attend training and all personal development opportunities.
• Attend team meetings, appraisals and supervisions and other meetings.
• To work co-operatively with other team members to ensure service standards are met.
• Participate in hands on care, working with, leading and coaching the care team.
• Represent Care 24-7 in a professional manner ensuring a positive image of the Company.
• To seek advice and support from the Registered Manager/Care Manager.
• Be aware of your duty and responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others, taking particular care of vulnerable people under the Health and Safety at Work Act and co-operate in meeting statutory requirements.
• To conform to the UKHCA Code of Professional Conduct and Code of Conduct for Adult Social Care Workers in England.
• Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2 or equivalent.
• Relevant prior experience as a Care Coordinator, as a supervisor or other role within a care providing organisation, providing personal care in a professional or voluntary capacity, is desirable.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in the English language.
• Excellent organisational, planning, attention to detail and time management skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and respond proactively in the instance of emergencies.
• Good administrative skills and full proficiency in basic ICT systems.
• Good understanding of the needs of people who require care and support at home and the provision of high-quality, non-discriminatory, person-centred care and support services.
• Understanding of legislation concerns with care provision.
• Aiding staff to learn and develop and being a positive role model demonstrating the Company values and behaviours.
• Flexibility and reliability to ensure the safe delivery of the service and participate in out of office hours on a rota basis as required by the service offered.
• Full UK drivers’ licence and access to own transport.
• Maternity and Paternity Leave benefits
• Excellent Holiday Entitlements
• Commission and Bonus Schemes
• Flexible Working Arrangements
• Optional Pension Scheme
• Optional Health Insurance Scheme
• Christmas Savings Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Further Education Scheme
• Volunteering Time Off Scheme
• Vibrant Sports and Social Club
Our Core Values
Our Core Values are an integral part of our organisational culture. The ideal candidate would possess the ability to understand, demonstrate and apply our Core Values.
• Customer focused
• Effective communication
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence
*Due to the nature of the business, management reserves the right to amend the job description in line with the needs of the business and current economic climate*
If you wish to apply for the above-named role, please send an updated CV to Lisa Russell at quoting the job reference number JO- in the subject bar of your email.