We are an independent voluntary organisation providing services and support for people with disabilities and their families for more than 70 years. Our work positively impacts the lives of over 10,000 people with disabilities, equipping them with the confidence, skills, and self-belief to achieve their expressed goals
Permanent. 30 hours
Bayview Respite Service, Tullaghan, Co Leitrim
To provide a personal care service to individuals with Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Difficulties within a resipite service setting, in an environment which values and respects the individual, fosters a positive behavioral support approach to supporting people with challenging behaviors and an environment that fosters community based living, personal development and social inclusion
Minimum Education & Experience required:
- QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Candidates should have experience of working in a residentia/respitel care setting
- Candidates should have experience of providing appropriate supports to service users with relevant disability and whose behaviour may challenge
- Candidates should have an understanding, knowledge and experience of working with clients with disability and be able to maintain a high standard of care in line with RehabCare’s policy and procedures while ensuring that HIQA standards and regulations are maintained within the service.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice and risk assessments at all times.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice.
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources.
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures
- 27 days annual leave
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel schemeIncome protection
- Health and Wellbeing programme
Please submit your application to this post by 8/7/22
To view full extensive job description please, click please visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the job page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer