- Take your career to the next level working with amazing autistic people, thought leaders and practitioners.
- Join the team that thinks, acts and behaves differently – working alongside to advance the message of neurodiversity and human rights.
- Work with an organisation that invests in you and your professional development
More About Us
In Gheel, we believe that autism is not something to be fixed; instead it is a natural variation in human neurological development. Therefore, Gheel is committed to championing inclusive communities where autistic people are valued and have meaningful opportunities to design their own future in Ireland.
- Thinking differently
- Ambitious visions for people supported
- Converting theory into practice Developing strategic partnerships with community resources
- Incorporating assistive technology in a support reduction framework
- Promoting independence and enhancing quality of life
- Collaborating with an industry leading team in a dynamic and supporting environment
- Building career and education pathways for the people supported
More About the Role
The primary role of the Clinical Nurse Manager 1 will be one of clinical and professional leadership and development in the Practice Team, including the development of support staff by means of training, practice leadership and direct liaison with teams. There is an integrated social care model of support in Gheel, where the role of the nurse is one of support to teams in their understanding and relationship development with the person supported. They will provide leadership in supporting development of professional tools for practice, operating in accordance with the policies of Gheel and in collaboration with other professionals. The person will also work directly with autistic individuals to review their support plan and provide support to the team working with the individual.
- Work with the support teams to implement a positive approach to the preventative health and wellbeing of those supported
- Provide a specialist support for autistic individuals who require support through the continuum of care
- Provide ongoing support to practitioners on the professional and timely documentation of need
Please request job description for full overview of position
- Access to Health Insurance
- Access to Educational Support Scheme
- Company pension with company
- contribution (including income protection and death-in-service benefits)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (dependant on service)
- Annual Increments
- Bike to Work scheme
- Training and development (CPD)
- Option to join the Health Service credit union
- Are registered in the Intellectual Disability Division of the Register of Nurses
- Have at least 3 years post registration experience, at least one of which must be in a similar role
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the use of Internet and email Full, clean, driving licence
- Recent experience of working in Community Services in the Social Care/Disability Sector
2016 HSE Grade CNM1 €43,288 – €51,191 – with additional phased pay restoration remuneration
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and up to date curriculum vitae. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the evidence outlined in the curriculum vitae.
The closing date for receipt of all completed applications is Friday, 22nd of July 2022 at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Garda Vetting is a requirement of the recruitment process .
A panel may be formed from which suitable vacancies may be filled.
Informal enquiries to Martina Greene, Practice Support Team Manager on