Purpose of the Role:
- To train with the PICC CNS and become proficient in placement of PICC
- The provision and delivery of a child and family centered PICC and IV cannulation service
- To provide professional and managerial leadership within vascular team encouraging staff to develop clinical expertise for the benefit of staff and users of the service.
- The provision of Cannulation and Venepuncture in day units and ward settings
- Competent in performing cannulation in babies and children/young people.
- Ensuring the service is provided and delivered in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assisting in writing, maintaining and applying CHI guidelines relating to PICC and cannulation.
- Be registered (or be entitled to be registered) in the general and/or paediatric division of the live register maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- Experience in peripheral intravenous cannulation and/or phlebotomy
- Evidence of ongoing education / continuous professional development.
- Have proven clinical and managerial ability, leadership, communication and organisational skills.
How to Apply and Informal Enquiries:
Please note that you must submit a cover letter with your CV, this forms part of your application and CV’s will not be accepted without a detailed cover letter. Please click here for a copy of the job description for this post.
The closing date for submissions of CV’s and letter of application is Monday 18th July 2022 by 23:59pm. Applications must be completed through the advertised post on by clicking ‘Apply for Job’.
Applications will not be accepted through direct email or any other method.
For informal enquiries for this specialty/department, please contact Trisha Hynds, CNM3,
For other queries relating to this recruitment process, please contact Recruitment,
Evidence of ongoing education / continuous professional development.