About the Hermitage Clinic
The Hermitage Clinic is a 112 bed private JCI accredited hospital in Lucan, West Dublin. Our specialised medical teams provide medical, surgical and advanced radiotherapy care to patients and are supported by the very latest medical technology. The Hermitage Medical Clinic is committed to providing excellence in patient care using state-of-the-art facilities. The Clinic offers an outstanding level of expertise and cutting edge technology. We have the most advanced diagnostic imaging equipment available today, full Cardiological facilities including a Cardiac Catheterisation Suite and Clinical Laboratory services.
We are seeking a Clinical Nurse Manager 2 for to join the Endoscopy team. This unit is a JAG Accredited Unit. The role holder will report in to the ADON and will be responsible for the provision of a quality service in line with standards of Endoscopy nursing practice. As a key member of the senior management team, the CNM2 in Endoscopy will demonstrate managerial and leadership skills and facilitate effective communication with colleagues in the hospital. The position requires a strategic approach to the development of services and structures, embracing continuous quality improvement and the management of changes necessary to achieve organisational objectives.
- The main duties for this role include:
- The effective and efficient management of the Endoscopy Unit ensuring that high standards of quality patient care are maintained.
- Management of all Nursing, support and Health Care Assistant Staff.
- Planning, coordination and management of resources.
- Plan, develop and monitor budget resources to ensure effective and efficient service including bank and agency usage.
- Planning service and nursing innovations and developments and ensuring an affective learning and development environment of all members of staff.
- Promotion of Multidisciplinary working.
- Promotion of high levels of effective communication, collaboration and teamwork within the team.
- Analysis of demand and capacity to ensure the Endoscopy Unit is compliant with accreditation related targets.
- Monitor efficiencies and productivity ensuring high quality, patient focused service within best practice guidelines.
- Support continuous quality improvement working with the team to ensure safety and quality are central to the delivery of services within the Endoscopy Unit ensuring a fully patient focused and cantered service.
- Address and review complaints and incidents in a timely manner and develop action plans as appropriate.
- Measure and monitor patient satisfaction within the Endoscopy Unit.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the service and introduce related changes where appropriate and to constantly strive to improve services.
- Actively pursue the review, development and implementation of information systems appropriate to the Endoscopy service.
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of nursing resources, advise on skill mix and staff allocation according to patients needs and service budget.
- Registered General Nurse with The Nursing Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Have at least 5 years post-registration experience in the acute hospital setting.
- Have a least 2 years management experience at CNM1 level.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in the specialist area or in GI/Medical nursing.
- Endoscopy Experience.
- Leadership skills
- Management skills
- Negotiating Skills
- IT skills
- Results driven and accountable
- Quality and risk management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Why work at the Hermitage Clinic
The Hermitage Clinic are passionate about our people and believe in their development and growth. As a member of the Hermitage Medical Clinic team you can benefit from:
- An Education Support Programme
- Development opportunities
- Opportunities for career progression
- Access to a Pension Scheme
- Subsidised Restaurant
- Free staff car parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
The Hermitage Clinic is an Equal Opportunities Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality at all levels of the organisation.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.