Sligo Nursing Home is a luxurious, custom-designed, nursing home and one of our most popular nursing and residential homes.
The home has 62 beds with 30 private luxury ensuite rooms and 16 luxury double rooms for those preferring to share.
Sligo Nursing Home are currently inviting applications for the position of Clinical Nurse Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To ensure the delivery of the highest standards of nursing and social care which meet the individual needs of each resident by:
- Ensuring that the home policies and best clinical standards are always practiced.
- Working with different staff members in all areas to ensure that standards are maintained. Identify areas that may be of concern and follow up with the Director of Nursing to put action plans put in place.
- Reviewing residents with pressure sores /sustained falls / clinically unwell, through clinical practices and documentation to ensure appropriate management plan is in place.
- Troubleshoot any ongoing clinical issues and non-clinical issues and escalating to the Director of Nursing.
- Perform comprehensive assessments of residents and monitor ongoing assessments and modifications.
- Supervise medication administration and compliance by nursing staff.
- Order monthly stock and compile monthly stock inventory.
- Review medication audits with Director of Nursing and improve standards.
- Liaise with GPs and pharmacy with regards to medication reviews and audits.
Staff Supervision & Training
- Work alongside and be a visible presence with the Staff Nurses and Care Assistants.
- Participate in Training & Development/Performance Appraisal for Staff Nurses and Care Assistants in conjunction with the Director of Nursing.
- Work with Care Assistants, ensuring that they have a professional, yet caring approach to the residents, and that they provide a high standard of direct care.
- Ensure the implementation of the Named Nurse and Named Care Assistant practice and monitor the effectiveness of individuals in relation to their assigned residents.
- Assess training needs in conjunction with the Director of Nursing and implement in house training, such as infection control, palliative care, understanding challenging behaviour.
- Review recent admissions ensuring appropriate assessments, planning implementation and evaluation of care is documented.
- In addition to observing practice, the CNM also monitors standards of cleanliness and hygiene, and fosters an effective working relationship and good communication between Staff Nurses, Care Assistants, and housekeeping staff.
- Responsible for ensuring environmental and hand hygiene audits are carried out regularly and thoroughly and that action plans are implemented and sustained.
- Responsible for carrying out of medication audits, health & safety audits, risk assessments and drawing up risk management plans – in conjunction with the Director of Nursing.
- Responsible for auditing Epicare and for addressing any issues in relation to documentation – in association with Staff Nurses and Care Assistants (Touch screen).
Residents/Relatives – Person Centre
- Interact and support residents and families daily. The CNM is a key point of contact for all relatives and visitors and an ambassador for the home.
- Ensure that complaints are swiftly deal with at the point of contact.
- Ability to assist with all the Director of Nursing responsibilities to effectively take on the role when covering for annual leave.
- Be responsible for daily activities including checking and managing rosters when required, attending handovers, reviewing resident progress
- Support and develop clinical practice through a hands-on approach with Staff Nurses and Care Assistants in the delivery of care.
- Implement Company Health and Safety Policy to safeguard the safety and welfare of staff, residents and others.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- First level registration.
- Previous managerial training / experience, an advantage.
- Registered on the NMBI live register.
- Excellent Leadership, Organisational and Communication skills.
- Sound decision making ability.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
- Results driven.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role and the range of duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the nursing home. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder periodically by the Home Manager.