Saint John of God Community Services Liffey Services supports individuals with intellectual disabilities to be active participants within their local community. Applications are invited for the post of Clinical Nurse Manager 1 based in the South-West Dublin area for our Day Service Programmes.
Clinical Nurse Manager 1 – Day Services
Permanent Full Time Post
Ref No: MDCNM1JUL22
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Current registration as maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and preferably possess the RNID qualification
- Knowledge and ability to practice, promote and coordinate scrupulous infection prevention & control (IPC) in the workplace
- Training and experience in leadership and change management
- A proven ability to pro-actively lead, motivate and manage a staff team.
- Experience of working with adults with high support needs
- At least 3 years’ experience of supporting adults with Intellectual Disabilities
- Experience in working with individuals with varying support needs including individuals with complex needs / ASD / Dementia
- A clear vision and understanding of the implementation strategy and future direction for adult day services in line with HSE New Directions National Policy
- Knowledge and experience in Person Centred Planning and individualised supports in line with best practice
- Proven ability to demonstrate creativity and initiative when supporting and maintaining meaningful community involvement that result in positive social roles for people supported
- An understanding of the importance of natural support networks
- Knowledge and / or experience in the use of Assistive Technology
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of national HSE policy on Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, ICT and organisational skills
- Ability to collate, analyse and plan with data relating Quality, Safety and Governance to ensure better outcomes for people supported.
- A full clean Driver’s License (manual) and a commitment to drive as part of the role.
- Experience in Positive Behavior Support
- Demonstrate evidence of continued commitment to professional development
Interested candidates should apply by forwarding a Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae, (including written explanation for any gaps in employment), to the Human Resources Department, Saint John of God Community Services Clg., Liffey Services, St Raphael’s, Celbridge, Co. Kildare, Ireland, or by email to . (Please include the reference number on the subject line of your application – MDCNM1JUL22.
Closing Date: 15th July 2022
Applications will be short-listed on the information supplied in the Curriculum Vitae and a panel may be formed from which future vacancies will be filled. Full Job Description available from:
Saint John of God Community Services Clg. is an equal opportunities employer
Alan Byrne or Aoife McGovern
By applying to this position you are giving Saint John of God Community Services Clg. consent to have your personal data retained for the purpose of this competition only. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.