Saint John of God Kerry Services provides a range of programmes and services for adults and children with an intellectual disability throughout the Kerry region. A person-centred approach to service delivery is promoted in accordance with the Organisations values and ethos and in keeping with its commitment to the continuing development of community based services. If you are looking for a new exciting challenge and share best practice, the following role might be of interest. Due to the increasing needs of the service, applications are invited for the following post within our Services supporting adults and children with an intellectual disability.
Co-ordinator Residential Services/ Person in Charge
(CNMII/Social Care Leader)
Salary HSE Consolidated Scale
(37 hours per week, Permanent Contract)
Candidates must have the following:
- A relevant 3rd Level qualification.
- Have completed QQI Level 6 Applied Management / LEO or is willing to complete the training on appointment.
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience at a supervisory/management level and the ability to demonstrate excellent relevant management and leadership skills.
- Have at least 3 years post qualification experience of working with people with an intellectual disability.
- A proven track record in the delivery of Person Centred systems services and supports.
- A flexible working approach that responds to the changing needs of a 24/7 service.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant HIQA regulation and all other relevant legislation.
·High level of report writing, with excellent communication skills, flexibility and commitment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and organisational skills.
- Have ability to co-ordinate and motivate staff in service delivery.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and self-driven.
- Be available to work flexible hours when required.
Informal enquiries to Sheila Fitzgerald ,
Please note that salaries are paid in line with HSE Consolidated Salary Scales.
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience for the above role, please forward a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (explaining any gaps) to the Human Resources department by email to along with a completed employment application form and a Garda vetting form which can be found on the jobs page of our website . Please state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.
Closing Date: Friday the 15th of July 2022 at 12pm
Applicants may be shortlisted based on the information supplied in the Curriculum Vitae.
A panel may be formed from this campaign from which further vacancies which may arise during the lifetime of the panel will be filled.
Saint John of God Community Services CLG is an equal opportunities employer.