Description & Requirements
- Are you looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work on delivering innovative, complex, high profile projects that transform this island’s infrastructure and/or the services provided by Government?
- If so, KPMG can help to match your ambition.
We are now seeking to hire an Assistant Manager or Manager to join our Government & Infrastructure advisory team in Belfast. This role is for an ambitious individual who is passionate about government and infrastructure and has at least 3 years of relevant experience and an understanding of contracting models for government services and infrastructure projects.
The role will involve:
- Strategic advice on approaches to the development, procurement and delivery of major infrastructure projects and contracts for the provision of critical government services;
- Development of business cases in accordance with the HM Treasury and Department of Finance guidance or the Irish Government’s public spending code and the code of practice for the governance of semi states;
- Commercial and financial advice on the procurement of major investment projects across a range of sectors including technology, including advising on tender and contract documentation, leading dialogue and negotiations with bidders and the evaluation of the tenders received; and
- Providing commercial and financial advice to government bodies on the management and implementation of contracts post award, including advising on value for money provisions such as profit sharing and clawback and on contract changes and contract extensions.
- You will have a strong interest in future trends for developing, procuring and delivering government services and infrastructure, including new models of delivery being tested and adopted elsewhere.
Our Government & Infrastructure team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major, transformational capital and infrastructure commitments. Such commitments may relate to infrastructure projects in sectors such as transport, utilities, digital, health and education, or to technology enabled transformation projects for government services.
We work on an all-Ireland basis working closely with colleagues across Dublin, Belfast and Cork. We also have close links with our Global Infrastructure Network to share good practice and work collaboratively together for our clients.
This is a rewarding and challenging role in a market leading team that offers considerable scope for further development, progression, challenging projects, a market-leading learning and development programme and a collaborative environment.
We ideally need you to have the following on your CV:
- A strong commercial awareness.
- Background in providing financial and commercial advice on the business case assessment, procurement and delivery of transformational capital investment programmes within government
- Experience of business cases and procurements for technology investment programmes is desirable but not essential.
- Proven experience in delivering complex engagements and a track record of delivery high quality outputs.
- Numerate with strong analytical skills. Financial modelling skills are also beneficial.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- An appetite to apply yourself on a broad range of client challenges and learn new skills in a challenging and supportive environment.
- Experience of working with central government departments and agencies or with local government.
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels and ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Drive, enthusiasm and commitment.
Your work will be varied. Below will be some of your core responsibilities:
- Delivering in teams on large, complex client engagements.
- Managing junior team members on projects, ensuring that the quality of our deliverables are high.
- Managing the use and development of tools and methodologies across the team and within projects.
- Engaging with global teams to leverage experience, resources and capabilities.
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with key client contacts, ensuring our service is responsive to their needs.
- Ensuring KPMG’s quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Applying innovative and creative techniques to solve complex problems on client engagements.
- Immersing yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture.
- Making a real difference in your community through our social and environmental programs.
We offer more than just a career opportunity:
- Excellent opportunity for progression with promotions announced quarterly
- An in-house award winning team of training specialists who will help you achieve your career goals
- Relocation assistance for those looking to move home to Ireland
- Flexible working arrangements and life changes supports
KPMG has been at the forefront of providing commercial, financial and procurement advice on government and infrastructure projects across the island of Ireland for over 20 years. Our Infrastructure and Government team provides the opportunity to work on strategically important, highly challenging projects that make a real difference to the people and economies of this island. Our work is increasingly focused on strategic themes such as cities, technology, future mobility, sustainability, and asset management.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Creating an inclusive culture where all our people achieve their potential is fundamental to our business. In addition, our employees have the option to avail of our flexible working policies/intelligent working arrangements.
Our Values define who we are, what we believe and what we stand for. They establish a common identity that unites us. At KPMG, we are truly better Together.
Our Values guide our behaviours day-to-day, informing how we act, the decisions we make, and how we work with each other, our clients, companies that we audit, and all our stakeholders. They guide our thousands of extraordinary people to do what is right, learn and improve every day, think and act boldly, respect and draw strength from our differences, and do what matters.
Integrity: We do what is right.
Excellence: We never stop learning and improving.
Courage: We think and act boldly.
Together: We respect each other and draw strength from our differences.
For Better: We do what matters.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.
Please note we do not require Agency assistance for this role.
By clicking apply to this role your application will not only be considered for this position but your details will be stored on our database and may be considered for similar future positions that may arise. This means that the personal data contained in your application and provided to KPMG as part of the application process may be retained by us for up to 18 months from the date of your application and you hereby agree to that. If you do not wish your details to be stored on our recruitment database please email stating this and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.