A commitment to living the values of Teamwork, Respect, Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality.
We are an independent voluntary organisation providing services and support for people with disabilities and their families for more than 70 years. Our work positively impacts the lives of over 10,000 people with disabilities, equipping them with the confidence, skills, and self-belief to achieve their expressed goals
Community Support Worker
REHABCARE KERRY COMMUNITY LINKS , Co. Kerry
6 Month Fixed Term Contract, Part Time (16 Hours)
To assist in the delivery of individualized community support to a number of individuals with intellectual, physical and mental health challenges. Supporting individuals to be valued members of their local communities. Supporting individuals to optimize their emotional, social, occupational and learning experiences, through programmes offered within community. This role will also involve providing 1:1 support to an individual with social activities as well as working with groups in the community.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum QQI Level 5 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable.
- Willingness to participate in Rehab Care training programme and relevant external training opportunities as they arise
- Experience in the area of supporting individuals with intellectual, physical and mental health challenges.
- Track record of supporting individuals to identify and experience meaningful experiences in their local community.
- Experience of promoting self-advocacy
- Experience in the provision of personal care support
- Experience in supporting community independence
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan, develop, implement, monitor and review appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programs within the community.
- To ensure best practice in line with up to date research regarding Quality of Life improvements.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and key community based personnel in the pursuit of accessible community activities for service users.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have good report writing skills and IT skills
- Full drivers licence desirable
- This role requires travel
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Friday 15th, July 2022
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer