Due to continued business growth, well known supply chain and logistics client is immediately recruiting a Continuous Improvement Engineer dedicated to strengthening productivity and manufacturing processes. Based in Shannon, this role will report to the Life Science Operations Manager and will require managing projects designed to achieve the lowest overall costs and improve processes using Lean Methodology. The Role:
- Drive the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to simplify processes, eliminate waste, reduce operational risk and achieve cost efficiencies.
- Demonstrating knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies for the optimisation of technology performance.
- Providing technical expertise on process/product technologies to support their optimisation and validation, including working with site teams to troubleshoot those technologies.
- Liaise with equipment/tooling departments or material vendors in the selection, design & development of equipment, tooling and materials.
- Co-ordinates the introduction of new processes, equipment and materials, including all associated processes and quality system documentation requirements.
- Internally train, coach and mentor the Lean concepts and support the business to meet/exceed budgets.
- Develop a customer-focused CI framework that documents and monitors performances. Support initiatives through robust data driven analytics.
- Tracks and measures the CI program through leveraging the Lean principles and visual factory dashboards
- Identify, manage and drive cost improvement initiatives across the business.
- Partner with management to define relevant process KPI’s and other AD HOC duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required.
- 2-3 years’ experience with defining and executing continuous improvement initiatives
- 3-5 years’ experience in the medical device industry
- Experience and track record of success in the rollout of continuous improvement programs at the site level.
- Manufacturing Excellence Program Management experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Lean Leader/Six Sigma and Project Management skills (certification preferred)
- Motivated team-player, organised, driven and detail orientated with distinct ability to multitask.
- Proficient in MS Office.
For immediate consideration CLICK APPLY or email your updated CV to .