Job Title: Contract Analyst – Entry Level
Location: Ireland, Dublin
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
ICON’s Client Contract Services team are responsible for the coordination, development and execution of all client contracts and change orders for newly awarded and on-going projects.
As a Contract Analyst I, you will be responsible for developing the budgets in collaboration with Finance, Legal and Operational teams at ICON. This role requires strong excel skills as you will be negotiating the budgets for clinical trials.
This is a busy and rewarding position, which plays a vital role at ICON.
- Coordinate and develop contracts and change orders for newly awarded and on-going projects at ICON.
- Work simultaneously on numerous contracts and/or change orders.
- Lead discussion with ICON Legal, the Sales Team, and liaison with their respective Contracts Manager, as necessary, to determine the appropriate terms and conditions to be included in the contracts (inclusive of Start-up Agreements) and change orders.
- Understand applicable ICON costing tools, client budget grids, and any tools and templates developed within the Client Contract Services group.
- Solicit input and review of contracts and change orders from the relevant operational departments.
- Understand reasons and challenge supporting information provided by the project team related to budget changes (timeline, specifications, tasks, hours, etc.) and that the budget changes are reasonable and justified.
- Develop cash neutral payment schedules as required.
- Recognize when client questions/comments need required input and review by Legal and/or operations/senior management.
- Provide project/financial analysis on the project budget to justify supporting information from the project team on prior to client submission.
- Develop and maintain client/project files and tracking tools.
- Manage and prioritize workload in relation to timelines and client submissions.
- Provide the relevant information required for negotiations and discussions with clients regarding cost proposals/change orders/contracts to the Contract Manager, the respective Sales personnel, and project teams.
- Organize, lead, chair, and manage internal meetings and/or client related meetings required related to contracts and change orders.
What you need
- Degree qualified
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar role
- We will also consider applicants who have a background in Proposals, Data Management or Financial Business Partnering within the CRO industry.
- An in-depth knowledge of the CRO industry and clinical trials
- The team uses excel as their costing tool, it is important that you have advanced excel skills
- A great team player who is willing to support the team as required.
- Brilliant communication skills with the ability to develop meaningful relationships with other teams at ICON and our clients.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.