Automation & Controls Engineer
CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring Equipment Automation & Controls Engineers for a world leading galway based multinational. Excellent opportunity for Electricians to be trained up in Automation.
About the role:
In conjunction with Manufacturing and R&D, Develops new Automated manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices. Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and builds complex manufacturing and test automated equipment and software systems.
Hours of work: 39 hour week with a 1pm Friday finish
- Defines Control Platform and Delivers Software Development for new designs and equipment updates, Participates in Equipment Design Reviews, Delivers Equipment Documentation under company quality SOPs and following GDP.
- Supervises the work and gives direction to other Junior colleagues.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgraded equipment.
- Candidates are required to hold an Engineer Degree equivalent or be qualified Electricians
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Candidates are required to have excellent communication skills
Required Technical Skills
Candidates shall have proven experience in all of the following areas:
- PLC Programing (ideally Allen Bradley)
- HMI/SCADA Design.
- PID Design and Tuning.
- Servo Control.
- Machine Electrical & Safety Design as per European Machinery Directive and derivate Standards.
- Project Management Skills