CLS is Ireland’s leading provider of sampling, analysis and on-contract analysts to the food, environmental, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Founded in 1994, CLS is renowned for delivering high-quality laboratory data, always on time and in the most customer-focused way.
CLS is currently going through an unprecedented and exciting period of growth and development and we are now looking for committed and motivated Deputy Quality Manager to join out team in Galway City.
About the job: A permanent role based in Galway city, we are looking for a team player looking to enhance and progress their own career. The successful candidate will assist in leading and supporting Quality Assurance processes at CLS and to ensure all relevant activities comply with all GMP and Regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Department with the maintenance, review and improvements of the Quality Systems to ensure compliance to GMP.
- Exercise judgment and support laboratory teams to determine appropriate actions, ensuring proper escalation of deviations, out of specifications and CAPAS.
- Review and approval of QA documents for closure ensuring compliance with appropriate documentation, whilst ensuring that CAPA actions address root cause and implementation plan dates are achievable.
- Participation and leading laboratory audits e.g. Regulatory /Customer/internal
- Participation in customer complaint investigations.
- Generation, review and approval of QA records as per GMP and in accordance with company policies.
- Generation and trending of Quality metrics
- Prioritising tasks to ensure that critical tasks are completed on time and meet requirements.
- Provide leadership and quality support to the Microbiology and Chemistry laboratory teams to ensure that they are efficient and compliant to current procedures and regulatory standards.
- Involvement in site-wide projects and support operational excellence initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A degree in Quality, Engineering or a Science related discipline.
- A strong compliance mind-set, good understanding of quality management systems and GMP is required.
- The ability to effectively manage and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills with the ability to influence decisions and lead compliance within CLS Laboratories.