We are currently looking for a highly customer-focused, enthusiastic and experienced Deskside Support Engineer, with a genuine interest in solving IT issues, to support our clients’ locations in Newbridge.
The successful candidate should be technically competent, possess good communication skills, be ready to learn, & thrive in a fast-paced regulated environment.
The successful candidate will support desktops and connected devices in both office and lab/production areas, as well as support various pieces of infrastructure including network printers, & network hardware & server hardware in a Hands & Eyes manner.
- Working on behalf of FDS on our client (Pfizer) sites as part of the Pfizer Digital Site Services Team
- Providing L2 Deskside support to end users in office and pharmaceutical production environments
- Work to resolve issues accurately and efficiently, within set targets and in a professional manner
- Maintain a dedicated commitment to service quality & customer experience
- Take ownership of tickets escalated from the service desk & other teams, handling them appropriately
- At times, work in a L1 role in a physical or virtual “kiosk” setting, providing first-hand service to users
- Occasionally work from home in place of working on-site, providing remote support and administration
- Ensure that all activity is accurately documented and recorded in line with ITIL practises
- Contribute to the creation and up-keep of Knowledge Base Articles
- Work healthily and safely, in accordance with FDS & Pfizer training and policies
- Build and deploy PCs, patch network points, troubleshoot printer problems, support standard software packages, and other general “IT” tasks
- Be prepared to engage with ad-hoc tasks with a best effort and positive attitude
- Work comfortably in comms areas and data centres, providing ‘Hands and Eyes’ support to other teams as well as taking ownership and providing on-the-ground feedback and guidance to offshore teams
- Be ready and willing to learn new skills and procedures, growing and provide greater support for colleagues and clients
- Provide occasional project assistance, including out of hours work and potential travel to other Pfizer sites
Essential skills / qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Ability to work well with global teams
- Experience of working in Desktop support role (3yrs+)
- Tested software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Experience of supporting Windows 10
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office suites including Office 365
- Experience of working in a highly regulated / ITIL environment, with appropriate service / ticketing systems
- Proficiency with Network Infrastructure e.g. switches, routers, APs, patching, network architecture knowledge
- Server Hardware support experiencing (racking & providing Hands & Eyes support)
- Printer hardware knowledge
- Willingness to work as part of an on-call shift, & support essential out of hours work
- Full Driving Licence and car owner
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration!
By completing the application process you agree that ES Field Delivery UK LTD (FDS) may contact you in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in connection with your application via the contact details you provided in relation to the vacancy you have applied for. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed at