St. Michael’s House are recruiting Direct Support Workers to support our Adult Autism Day Service in Baldoyle.
These are exciting positions and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a skilled and responsive staff team to deliver a high quality day service for individuals with Autism and an Intellectual Disability. We are looking for Direct Support Workers with a strong person centred vision and a particular interest in the development of Educational, Vocational and Recreational supports in a community based setting using evidence based best practice in Autism.
A minimum of one of the following Qualifications:
- Intellectual Disability Practice (5M1761)
- Community Health Services (5M4468)
- Health Service Skills (5M3782)
- Healthcare Support (5M4339)
- Community Care (5M2786)
- Nursing Studies (5M4349)
Plus Experience Required
- At least 1 year previous experience of supporting individuals with Intellectual disability
- Experience of Working with people with Autism
- Experience of promoting community inclusion and active participation.
- Experience providing individuals with positive behaviour supports
- Experience working with families, clinicians and other networks of support
- Possess excellent communication skills
Salary Scale: Successful candidate for the Direct Support Worker position will be paid in line with revised October 2021 HSE consolidated Care Assistant (ID) pay scale point 1; €27,935 – point 15; €40,393 per annum which is based on working a 39 hour week. week. Should you have no prior public sector experience you will be placed on point 1 of the pay-scale above.
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Please note that a twelve month panel will be formed from this competition from which future vacancies may be filled.
Closing Date: 22nd June 2022
St. Michael’s House is an equal opportunities employer.