Director of Nursing required for an established medium sized nursing home near Galway city. This is an exciting opportunity to play a crucial part in a dynamic and forward-thinking company. which can provide great support and fantastic renumeration.
- Conducting internal audits and following up on results of same
- Initial induction of staff and ongoing training and development of staff
- Encouragement of innovative practice
- Ensuring implementation and adherence to Company and HIQA standards, procedures and guidelines
- Conducting regular communication meetings with all clinical staff
- Establish a good rapport with external community agencies bringing the local community into the Home and facilitating residents to attend functions/activities within the local community
- Liaise with Marketing to maximise opportunities to ensure the Home has a high profile in the local community
- Implement Company Health and Safety Policy to safeguard the safety and welfare of staff, residents and others
- Implement regular fire training and evacuation plans
- Ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of the home is to the highest standard
- Ensure a preventative maintenance programme is in place and implemented
- Participate in the selection and interviewing of staff
- Conduct regular training needs analysis
- Clinical practice in the home meets Regulations & Standards
Qualifications Skills & Attributes required?
- Qualified Nurse with at least 3 years Management experience in the last 6 years in care of the older person
- Post registration management qualification in health or a related field
- Proven track record in healthcare clinical management
- Excellent Leadership, Organisational and Communication skills
- Sound decision making ability and results driven
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company
If you would like to find out more please send your CV to Alan Noone for an initial consultation.