EHS Manager Job Overview Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values is so important. I have a superb opportunity with a leading medical device client client in Galway to take on the role of EHS Manager This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages. The successful candidate will provide leadership in driving continuous improvement in Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) performance and will manage the EHS Team while reporting directly to the Campus Leader. Provide technical expertise across all functions to ensure a compliant and safe workplace for all employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Lead the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Team providing technical expertise and achieving objectives.
- Build relationships across the campus to ensure compliance and promote a proactive environment, and health & safety culture.
- Preparation of EHS reports/metrics for both internal campus, global and external stakeholders. Communicate EHS performance.
- Lead EHS projects on-site as required and support cross-functional teams.
- Ensure EHS programmes comply with applicable government regulations, TE Connectivity technical standards and best practices. Promote EHS compliance through detailed EHS programmes, training, and auditing.
- Coordinate and drive continuous improvement across environment and safety programmes. Examples: Internal TE SMS (S.A.F.E), Hazard Management, Unsafe Act/ Conditions, Behaviour Based Safety (BBS), Ergonomics, Chemical Management (REACH, CLP), Energy Reduction, Ergonomics, Machine Safety etc.
- Maintain site permits, licences, and certificates. Prepare for Integrated Pollution Control (IPC) licencing requirements.
- Provide governance and guidance for the control of hazardous materials and waste.
- Manage the EHS accident and incident programme in accordance with HSA, OSHA and corporate requirements.
- Develop and manage the EHS budget.
- Represent the company at audits and site visits by the HSA, EPA and customers.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for applicable liability insurance claims
Level 8 degree in EHS or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position within manufacturing, preferably in the medical device industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry.
- Thorough knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety legislation and experience in environment management systems.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Previous experience in managing a team.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in using common word processing software, excel, database applications, presentation software, and email.
For further information on this EHS Manager role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on / Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website –
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.