Our Purpose: To bring smart, connected devices to every person on earthIntel Ireland is an award-winning Green Business Site at the forefront of sustainable plant operations voluntarily investing more than 49 million in energy conservation projects at our Leixlip site.
This position will be based on the Intel Ireland Leixlip CampGlobal Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel’s major manufacturing and cleanroom projects in Ireland, Oregon, Arizona, and Israel. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
Our Electrical Project Engineers are highly valued and are relied on to provide technical leadership in their area of expertise. They are the primary leaders who develop discipline scope and engineering solutions for construction projects.
- Consulted for any major construction project related to facilities’ power systems.
- Assess the feasibility of new projects
- Develop more detailed scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and project engineers from other disciplines.
- During detailed design and construction, performed by our world-class supply chain partners, our Project Engineers serve as the Owner’s representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution.
- Manages the performance of the Integrator’s Architectural and Engineering/Owners design
- Consultant vendor in their discipline.
- Interface and coordinate with contract design, construction, scheduling, and estimating resources
- Interface with facilities staff and project managers to enable facility design efforts for their area of expertise.
- Define design criteria, lead scope definition and justification, develop design concepts, and oversee completion of positioning, programming, and detailed design
- Work with estimators to ensure costs are captured and project budgets are met
- Improve standards and drive innovative solutions
- As a global engineering organization, engineers are expected to collaborate and share learnings with their counterparts at other sites across the globe.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field. Level 8 qualification or above.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience on the design and construction of electrical systems. Focus on industrial, semiconductor, and cleanroom projects are preferred.
- Experience leading a team is also a plus.
- Experience with electrical systems such as medium voltage, low voltage, emergency power systems, critical (UPS) power systems, lighting systems, and heat trace systems.
- Technical writing experience (e.g. specifications)
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting construction contract documents
- Familiarity with 1-line diagrams and BIM (3D modeling
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication – especially in communicating the technical issue
- Strong technical expertise in electrical engineering and ability to lead and provide direction to technical teams
- Ability to collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations and geographic boundaries.
- Highly team and quality-oriented
- Experience managing project change control
- Value for safety and a safe project environment
- Experience with construction, start-up, and commissioning/turnover of facilities systems
- Experience with building and fire codes and hazardous occupancies is preferred
- Familiar with ATEX and EPD requirements.
- Familiarity with power modeling databases such as EasyPower or SLM is preferred
- Registration as chartered engineer status or aspiration to achieve that status.
At Intel inclusion means we recognize and respect the worth and dignity of every employee. We promote and sustain a sense of belonging, valuing diverse talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and experiences to help Intel win. Our success depends on Intel’s amazing employees. Make Intel your workplace of choice today. Intel provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees in all areas of employment.
Intel does not discriminate based on race, characteristics that are commonly or historically associated with race including hair, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Inside this Business Group
As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art — from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.