Electrical Technician (PERMANENT)
CREGG Recruitment are currently hiring a Maintenance Technician to work onsite with a leading medical device multinational client in Galway. If you are a qualified electrician this is the role for you! Newly qualified electricians also encouraged to apply.
About the job:
Purpose: Part of the team to respond to equipment,yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances.
Shift work: Our client has positions on either day or evening or night shifts. There is a set shift pattern- if you interview for day shift you will stay on days and not be expected to work on evenings etc
Salary: Day shift: 8am-5pm Monday to Thursday with a 1pm Friday Finish
Industry Sector: Our client is a world leader in the manufacture of machinery for medical device companies
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Assist ME’s in design methods, part sourcing and documentation.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Interface with a variety of company personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Take responsibility for preventative maintenance procedures with an assigned process or area.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- HETAC Level 6 qualification or Senior Trades in a relevant area with panel building experience
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Electrical/Mechanical background would be highly desirable
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.