Bon Secours Hospital Cork is part of the Bon Secours Health System which is the largest independent hospital group in Ireland with over 2,500 staff including 350 leading consultants. Bon Secours has 5 technologically advanced hospitals located in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Tralee and Limerick and a Care Village in Cork.
We are now inviting applications for the above post from suitably qualified and experienced candidates. The successful applicant will be required to enhance and maintain the highest standards in patient care at all times. You will be required to contribute to the effective use of all hospital resources at your disposal and you will be required to maximise staff development in a learning environment. This will include support, motivation and guidance for all employees within your remit.
- Registered in the General Division of the live register of nurses kept by the NMBI
- A minimum of 5 years post registration experience in an acute general setting of which 2 must be in a surgical services or related area
- Experience in managing a day unit, such as Endoscopy, which has a high throughput of patients with a quick turnaround is required
- A management qualification is essential
- Preceptorship/teaching and assessing of students is also desirable
- Exercise authority in the running of the Endoscopy unit
- Provide the necessary supervision, co-ordination and support staff to ensure the optimum delivery of care
- Manage communication at ward and unit level, facilitating team building
- Promote a culture that values diversity and respect in the workplace
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, policies and procedures affecting service users, staff and other hospital matters. Knowledge of accreditation and quality performance indicators
- Must possess strong leadership qualities, communication skills and clinical skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken and must also be computer literate
- Flexibility and excellent use of initiative
For more than 100 years, Bon Secours Hospital has been meeting community needs and achieving breakthrough medical advances in care. We are committed to providing our patients and their families with the very best care and the very best experience. True to our 7 core values of respect, justice, integrity, stewardship, compassion, quality and innovation. These values are the vehicle through which we translate our Mission Statement into action in the life of the hospital.
Informal enquiries to Aine Ryan on and email
To Apply: Please apply with your CV along with in date NMBI decision letter via apply button below:
BON SECOURS HEALTH SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER