Purpose of the Role
ReproMed are recruiting for a Fertility Nurse/Midwife to join their team in their Dundrum fertility clinic.
The company are keen to recruit an individual with the relevant experience but who is also genuine, responsible and diligent and has true compassion for our patients and their journeys through fertility treatment.
We want to find someone who will not only fit the role but also fit with the ethos of the company and the rest of our team.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain the core ethos of the clinic throughout all interactions with patients and staff.
- Provide the highest standard of care to patients attending the clinic.
- Operate and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Communicate effectively and securely with patients and staff members in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Be aware of the internal Quality System, particularly incident/event reporting.
- Operate at all times within your professional Scope of Practice
- Demonstrate empathetic approach in understanding patient’s problems
- Assist the nursing/clinical department to meet targets/goals as directed by management.
- Any other reasonable duties as may arise from time to time to be expected with the job
Education, Training & Competence
- Maintain and develop professional expertise and knowledge by actively engaging in CPD
- All staff must have proficient and practicable IT skills including Microsoft Word and Outlook, and experience with patient management software in order to function fully within ReproMed’s network of clinics and adhere to SOPs
- Ensure that your Staff Training Logbook is maintained and up-to-date
- Manage and play a key-role in the training, education and support of others within your team
- All Staff are expected to comply with any legislative requirements current, or future; in addition to the EU Tissue & Cells Directive, SI 158 (2006) and SI 598 (2007). Full training provided if required.
- Be responsible for maintaining full registration with the NMBI and notify management immediately of any changes in relation to this
- Phlebotomy & Cannulation
- Administering injections
- Nurse Consultations – patient education
- Working with Gynaecologist to devise treatment plans
- Assist at Egg Collections/ Embryo Transfers and other clinical procedures
- Perform IUIs
- Monitor patients in recovery
- Assist in the general day-to day smooth and effective running of the unit
- Where trained, ultrasound scanning to include: Assessment, follicle tracking, cycle monitoring, and fetal heart scans.
Admin & Training
- Treatment Cycle coordination
- Documenting all appropriate correspondence on patient management software
- Prescription Preparation
- Creating blood test forms
- Creating & updating therapy plans
- Liaising with third party clinics as part of Satellite Service provision
- Liaising with pharmacies
- Obstetric referrals
- Training and support of junior staff as per agreed training programmes and in conjunction with the Quality Manager
- Maintaining log of patients undergoing treatment and any other reasonable administrative work that may arise as part of this role
- Answering patient phone-calls and patient queries
- Managing the patient portal
- Care calls: check-in with current/ recent patients
- Patient support & advice by phone, written communication and in person
- Monitoring log of current patients and following-up where appropriate
Academic/ Professional Qualifications and/or Relevant Experience
- RGN or RM
- 2-3 years post registration experience
- Fertility experience desirable but not essential
- Sonography/Ultrasound experience desirable but not essential
- Fluent English
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full time hours. Flexible with shift pattern (no night duty)