The Irish subsidiary of Applied Materials is part of the Applied Global Services Business Unit and is the service part of the semiconductor business based in Maynooth, Co. Kildare, supporting local installations of Applied equipment with maintenance and advanced support services.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager (Semiconductor) to join our team in Ireland.
- Follows all safety protocol and possesses a strong commitment to safety awareness and incident free culture.
- Responsible for following departmental procedures to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of themselves and those around them who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Understand Safety class requirement for your team and proactive involvement in safety walks and other company campaigns.
- Understand the internal Quality Management customer program. Support your team in tracking, use methodology such as 8D, AAR and other related quality follow up.
- Develop and maintain good customer relationship with all relevant customer representatives at all times, at all levels.
- Customer Service & Spares contractual metrics.
- Responsible for Installation and Warranty and Ramp Management within your team.
- Schedules and Monitors Costs of start-up, warranty, paid service, contract service Margin.
- P&L management and cost reduction initiatives.
- Position and partner with Sales team to sell Commercial Service Agreements across as many platforms as possible to our customers
- Manages, coaches and directs all customer engineers in his/her assigned equipment/toolsets.
- Responsible for people management (1on1) salary planning, career planning, corrective actions where necessary, establishes objectives, performance appraisals and employee development.
- Actively involved in the Site hiring process.
- Manages accuracy, understanding and update of Customer Engineer hours tracking.
- Prime interface with the Product Divisions: Tech support, training, spares, Finance, HR.
- Executes relevant escalation procedures in place.
- Resource planning, hiring & training to support new fab & sustain existing fab, on time & in budget.
- Provides support plan for system sales to Service Management, Sales, Field Engineering.
- Responsible for system installation; planning, reporting and execution, pre-facility meeting, start-up meeting, process support identification.
- Documents all aspects of equipment performance, as required by department management, recommending product improvements through appropriate channels..
May perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements
- Flexibility to travel within Region and Globe as required
- Supervisory experience and people management is an advantage
- Prior commercial knowledge ideally within Semiconductor or comparable industry.
- Excellent Customer Management Skills- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to plan, forecast and achieve business goals
- Strong organisational/ interpersonal/ leadership skills.
- Proven Capability to organise and manage multiple technical and management projects with successful results
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage ambiguity and change
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Semiconductor/Customer Business Understanding and ability to interpret Environment – Ability to plan and execute field projects (start-up, paid service, warranty, etc.).
- BS level degree or equivalent in Engineering Discipline, Physics, Material Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years of technical equipment experience
What Applied Materials can offer you:
Competitive Salary and Benefits including; Discretionary Bonus, Pension, Share Schemes, Healthcare for self and family, Life Assurance, Wellness, Family Leave programmes to support work-life balance;
Learning and development opportunities.