Our client is a national charity with services in every county in Ireland. They provide a range of specialist services which include day care centers, home care services day care at home services, carer supports groups, social clubs and training services. They are looking to recruit a newly qualified accountant who can support them with their projects and financial function. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Finance Manager and be a part of a finance team. This is an opportunity to develop skills for career development, a competitive salary on offer, hybrid working, mileage paid for and pension.
- Review internal audit reports and follow up on any recommendations to be implemented in ASI services.
- Monitor policy compliance in ASI services nationwide through center visits to carry out on-site audits and follow up desk audits as required.
- Ensure that internal financial controls are complete, stringent and effective. Identify financial policies and procedures/ controls that need to be implemented or strengthened on an ongoing basis and ensuring policies and practices are updated as required.
- Produce frequent reports on ASI services’ financial performance/policy compliance that can be presented to a board or senior management.
- Support the Finance Manager in the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register including verification of assets.
- Support the Finance Manager and the finance team in achieving excellent workflows of the department ensuring that all processing of data is kept up to date and that good teamwork is fostered and encouraged. This will involve supporting our finance officers in accounts preparation
- To keep service managers updated on new financial policies and procedures and to ensure compliance with such procedures and where necessary provide suitable training.
- Identify way to improve processes to ensure quality information
- Respond to all finance related queries in a timely and results focused manner
- Being flexible, adaptable and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested.
- Support the regional offices with financial guidance where required
- Provide cover for payroll and accounts payable during periods of annual leave/absenteeism.
- Representing the organization in a positive and professional way, which promotes the vision, mission and strategic priorities of the Society.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA,)
- A minimum of two years’ audit experience in a similar finance position
- Ability to effectively present financial information to all levels verbally and in written reports. ·
- Understanding of audit procedures/tests specifically for a charitable organization including creation of an audit plan.
- Experience of drafting, implementing and advising on policies and procedures in financial best practice.
- Experience in improving internal financial controls in an Organization
- Strong experience providing training to non-financial managers on financial policies and procedures
- Accounts preparation and production experience essential.
- Strong understanding of payroll – desirable
- Strong experience using Microsoft Excel (pivots, macros, VLOOKUP’s) and word (essential).
- Exchequer Accounting Software (desirable).
- The ability to plan and carry out an audit independently
- The ability to use your own initiative to get things done.
- Strong ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent numerical ability, analytical ability, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to produce meaningful management information
- Highly organized diary management
- Full, clean driver’s license with access to own vehicle – essential
- Hybrid working but will require up to 2 days travel per week within Ireland