We are recruiting for a recently qualified accountant with insurance or financial services experience that is looking for a move into industry.
The FRC function provides assurance in relation to effectiveness of the control environment over Aviva’s external financial reporting. The role reports to the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting Controls and will also be closely aligned with the wider FRC team within Aviva. You will be:
- Responsible for the delivery of FRC activity for the Aviva Ireland Life business, performing this assurance activity to support both the local and Group reporting processes, and ensuring that the methodology is appropriately applied for this market
- Communicating with key stakeholders and relevant process and control owners, working closely with them to ensure maintenance of a strong and effective control environment
- Building relationships across the business to give you visibility and understanding of the end-to-end reporting process
- Identifying other opportunities such as process automation or consistency of data usage across the business to further enhance the control environment
You will have significant opportunity for exposure to senior stakeholders both in the local business and in the Aviva Group centre. The role and the wider Aviva Ireland Life business are based in our Cherrywood office in Dublin. You will benefit from our smart working policy, which means a blend of office and home working.
What are some of the key activities in this role?
- You will be responsible for delivery of FRC assurance activity, you will be required to work both independently and as part of a team supporting with the delivery of this activity
- You will be responsible for working with the FRC senior manager to agree with local, group & project stakeholders the assurance activity required to be performed throughout the year, including timing and prioritisation of this activity
- Delivery of key FRC governance activities, including provision of papers for local and Group FRC forums and input into Board and Audit Committee reporting
- Working closely with subject matter experts (“SMEs”) and specialists across the wider Risk & Controls team on delivery of certain aspects of FRCF, for example IT and Actuarial SME’s
- Proactively managing your relationship with key stakeholders, including market FRC leads and process owners, internal audit and external audit stakeholders
Skills & experience we’re looking for:
- Recent audit experience (external audit or internal audit)
- Qualified Accountant desirable or equivalent experience
- Experience and knowledge of life or general insurance under IFRS and Solvency II is desirable
- Risk and controls delivery experience, including SOX and internal risk and controls management
- Knowledge and experience of financial reporting controls
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understood manner
- Relationship management skills to achieve objectives through others and maintain effective stakeholder relationships across both the businesses/markets and external suppliers
- Effective influencing skills with people at all levels internally and externally with the ability to build credible working relationships
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively to meet deadlines whilst maintaining high quality of outputs
- Work as a part of a highly motivated team to deliver the whole team objectives
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days and flexitime to accrue more
- Up to 40% discount for many Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme and more
Fitness and Probity
This is a Regulated Role and will be subject to enhanced pre-employment screening procedures. There will be an on-going requirement for the role holder to maintain fit and proper status.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.