Fishmonger / Seafood Specialist – West Dublin & Kildare
We are Ireland’s largest retailer providing fashion, homewares and food for our loyal customers. We operate 134 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. Our guiding principle is to deliver excellent quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product ranges.
We are looking to recruit and train a number of Fishmongers / Seafood Specialists to develop our Seafood Counters in the West Dublin and Kildare area.
The successful candidates should have knowledge of fish species and the ability to prepare and display fresh seafood. They should be enthusiastic and self-motivated to provide an excellent level of service with attention to detail. Experience in fresh fish filleting and preparation is essential.
The Fishmonger will have the following responsibilities:
- Work as part of the team with Store Management and the Fresh Seafood counter staff to provide the highest Fishmonger standards
- Offer first class customer service and selling skills, and have a deep understanding of the fish and shellfish industry, species identification, preparation methods, and detailed product knowledge.
- To monitor and deliver the HACCP programme for the Seafood to ensure effective standards in line with hygiene and quality regulations.
- To manage and control costs and wastage
- Manage stock and ordering of fresh seafood
- To train and develop existing staff in fish preparation skill.
- At least 1 years previous experience in a similar environment
- Experience of Fish filleting, skinning and deboning
- Experienced and trained on HACCP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually
- Passion/flair and attention to detail for seafood presentation and display
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make.
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer.