The Role: Fixed Asset and Cost Accountant
The Client: Our client is is one of the largest pure-play diabetes care companies in the world
The Location: South Dublin
- To be a member of the Assistant Plant Controller Team to support and partner the Business in pursuance of their targets and objectives.
- Maintains control of the Fixed Asset Register for Dun Laoghaire, reconciling the asset and depreciation values monthly to SAP.
- Supports the monthly Construction in Progress spending and accounting process through the review of data in SAP and is responsible for ensuring purchasing commitments and actual invoices comply with the CB2 scope.
- Responsibility for the Standard Product Costing, Set up bills of materials, and Costing new materials.
- Handles the monthly reporting and the periodic forecasting and budgeting of capital spending projects and the related depreciation to be recorded in SAP and moved into HFM for business and statutory accounting.
- Works as part of the team on the monthly management accounts closing process. Responsible for PPV analysis, Labour posting, analysis and reporting.
- Supports, in conjunction with the Financial Controller and Assistant Plant Controller, the annual budget and quarterly forecasting efforts.
- Provides detailed month end spend analysis, that contributes to explaining the manufacturing variances
- Handles the monthly, quarterly and yearly CSO return.
- Provides back up for the activities of the Assistant Plant Controller and also participates in Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) audits Maintain the Car fleet. Managing acquisition, disposals and ongoing maintenance costs.
- Liaises with the Drogheda operation on historical Fixed Asset/CIP issues.
- Maintains ownership of the internal controls related to the purchase and disposal of fixed assets. Leads the Asset Impairment Review process and the Asset Tagging system.
- Supports the Finance Team and Controller with special projects and ad hoc duties
- Provides Finance Support to continuous improvement activities in the plant.
- Works with other BD Irish, European and World Wide financial community working towards integration of financial reporting systems and where possible producing greater leverage.
- Preferably recently qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Ability to be a productive team member and work within teams outside of own financial area.
- Cost accounting experience, SAP knowledge a great benefit. High degree of computer literacy.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent Excel and PC skills
- Proactive – someone who anticipates potential problems and is a step ahead.