As a result of continued growth The Panel is exclusively engaged to source a Fund Accountant on behalf of a niche Fund Administrator in Dublin city centre on a permanent basis. In this role you will report to the CFO and assist with the reporting, monitoring and analysis of the performance for a range of investment funds.
- Generating, interpreting and reporting risk, performance and financial information to traders, portfolio managers and investors. Reports will be prepared from raw data and for example will include; detailed investor newsletters, attribution of returns, exposures and any ad hoc queries from investors.
- Monitoring and reconciling fund performance and exposures on a daily basis;
- Preparing and reviewing risk and performance metrics to meet regulatory reporting requirements.
- Reviewing NAV statements prepared by the fund administrators which includes; reviewing detailed fee calculations, individual position valuations, reconciliations and accruals.
- Responsible for the daily / weekly processes of the fund such as; working with administrators to resolve issues, manage the fund invoice payments process etc.
- Taking responsibility for the funds’ audits, liaising with the administrators and auditors as well as ensuring annual tax filings and other regulatory filing requirements are met. Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. fund administrators, auditors, prime brokers
- Formulating and implementing automated solutions to meet reporting requirements
- 1- 2 years in a Fund Accounting environment
- At least a basic understanding of financial instruments, including derivatives.
- Numerical degree (at least upper second class or equivalent)
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information;
- Strong IT literacy (specifically Excel)
- Strong time management skills, ability to plan ahead;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey complex financial information to non-finance professionals;
- Thorough, with a high attention to detail;
- Results orientated with a key focus on delivering high quality work;
- Demonstrable experience of working autonomously, however ultimately delivering within a team structure.
- An interest in financial markets and willingness to increase knowledge base through CPD etc.
The salary for this role is negotiable depending on experience
Please contact Liam Murphy if you meet the key criteria and wish to apply