GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
My client a Galway City based, medical device business seeks to hire an experienced General Ledger Accountant, with 1-5 years PQE. You will be responsible for preparing the monthly financial reports, annual financial statements and any other internal or external reports required. This role will be based in the Finance department, reporting to the Finance Manager. This will be hybrid, 3 days office, 2 days remote in Galway City.
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Financial Reports, Annual Financial Statements and any other internal or external reports required, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Assist in transition of GL functions both into and out of the SSC.
- Develop new and streamline existing processes and systems as required to ensure more efficient delivery of value-add information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an effective team player who will drive efficiency and continuous improvement throughout the department
- Preparation of monthly financial reports, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner:
- Preparation, analysis and posting of journals at month end.
- Preparation and analysis of balance sheet reconciliations at month end.
- Calculation, posting and analysis of monthly accruals and prepayments, ensuring that all items are accurately captured.
- Review and reconciliation of inter-company accounts, involving communication with other business locations worldwide.
- Preparation of multi-currency bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of variance analysis and standard cost updates as required.
- Provide cost information to management and other departments as required.
- Collaboration with external audit staff for periodic yearend review procedures and local statutory audits as required.
- Provision of input on local finance policies and procedures ensuring ongoing compliance for all accounting and finance operations.
- Participation in ongoing policy and control environment development to ensure compliance with applicable internal control regulations.
- Enhancement of existing processes and development of new ones to ensure the most efficient completion of duties.
- Accounting Qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 1-5 years’ experience – preferably with Shared Service Centre and multinational background
- SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Able to work alone to understand and summarise financial data into high quality, accurate and usable summaries
- Fluency in a European language an advantage
For more information, please contact