Global Corporate Communications Manager 1 Year FTC
Aerogen is Ireland’s largest indigenous Med-tech company, we continue to rapidly grow our domestic and global presence and our Purpose and Ambition “to build a truly great global life science company that transforms patient lives through world-leading aerosol drug delivery” has never been stronger.
Aerogen is the world leader in Acute Care Aerosol Drug Delivery recognised through multiple MedTech awards and seven times winner of the Zenith awards for Respiratory Care Excellence in North America. We make a difference to patients’ lives every day, having already reached 14 million patients in over 75 countries.
The Global Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of Aerogen’s overall Corporate Brand for all external and internal communications. As such the individual creates the strategy and ensures its effective application through personally leading key external and internal communications initiatives as well as providing the training and monitoring the effective use of Aerogen’s brand framework by all other Aerogen staff.
This is a key role in Aerogen’s strategic development as the business grows and develops its revenues from €100m in 2020 to over €150m in 2022 and €300m in 2025.
The position is a key talent role for the business and the incumbent should be a high potential talent with the potential to take on further commercial roles within the business. Given this the individual should demonstrate a high level of drive, ability to influence, to develop and use increasing levels of judgement in professional leadership situations and a high ability and desire to develop and learn.
The development and implementation (to budget / time) of a compelling and engaging Aerogen Group Corporate Global Communications Strategy for both external and internal stakeholders including target customers, distributors, commercial partners, current and future employees and communities where Aerogen operates. The strategy includes overall Aerogen Brand and key messaging frameworks and guidance ranging from organization purpose through to Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental, Social and Governance.
Key components include:
a. To lead Aerogen’s overall digital strategy and design framework including Aerogen’s website and Social Media Platforms management including content development and KPI tracking for use and impact
b. To lead Aerogen’s Showpad platform as the vessel to deliver content supplied from Global Marketing and Commercial Marketing roles
c. To lead Aerogen’s key external event activity ensuring effective content, participation, attendance and cross functional/regional coordination.
d. As part of the overall Corporate Strategy lead Aerogen’s Internal Communications Activity including development of an Aerogen Intranet, Quarterly CEO events and Commercial Townhalls, Company Awards and support for Social Events
e. As part of the overall Corporate Strategy lead Aerogen’s CSR strategy implementation including Corporate and global employee level activities leveraging Aerogen’s strong culture and values.
f. Communications risk assessment and crisis management readiness
As Aerogen’s global team expands and its regional structure develops a critical part of the role will be to work with the regional teams and ensure effective cascade and engagement of external/internal stakeholders within regions.
2) As part of the Commercial Leadership Team to ensure strong collaboration with high performing members of Global Marketing, Medical and Regional Sales Teams ensuring effective Corporate and Product brand alignment and implementation support including ownership of overall brand strategy and content cascade including usage internal and external Aerogen Training.
3) To work with Senior Executive Team including HR in the further development of Aerogen’s Global Core Values and Culture including continued assessment of overall employee engagement and the effectiveness of Aerogen Internal communications including at Corporate, Functional and Managerial levels.
4) To ensure effective management training support and tools for External and Internal communications across all functions along with Core Brand training being provided as part of all Employee induction activity.
5) Leadership of Aerogen’s corporate competitor differentiation strategy and messaging including landscape monitoring, technical and IP assessment, commercial partnering and customer engagement.
6) To progressively develop a strategy for systematic Patient engagement and advocacy as part of the added value feedback of Aerogen’s technology for employees as well and potentially for customer/influencer influence.
7) To lead coordination of Aerogen’s activities and engagement with Enterprise Ireland including direct support for potential Aerogen investment and consulting support through to PR and Awards.
8) To provide effective direction, support, coaching and performance management to reporting roles.
9) To act as a leader of the Aerogen brand and role model demonstrating strong collaborative cross functional working and maintaining Aerogen’s values (Expert/Mindful/Flexible).
- Strong track record in external and internal communications including development and implementation of strategies and deliberate assessment and selection of messages, channels and media including PR/ Social Media / Website design and development
- Ability to work in complex technical environment and distill wide range of information into key themes and simple, clear, distinctive communications frameworks which capture the core essence of the content and are credible with key stakeholder audiences
- Capability to work with Board / Executive level management and advise and develop communication strategies for external and internal usage
- Ability to develop communications training to develop managerial capabilities
- Ability to manage and deliver complex projects including multiple internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to think globally and to support thinking adapting communications strategy messaging according to culture / language as appropriate
- High level of drive, energy and entrepreneurship, consistently taking initiative to drive business performance, improve business processes ensuring effective collaborative cross functional engagement and influencing including customers, commercial colleagues, R+D teams and senior management
- Strong leadership skills with ability to develop others
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and influencing skills including internal stakeholders at all levels and external customers/partners/suppliers. This includes the ability to analyse, critique and synthesize ideas and be able, and coach others, to adapt the nature, length, and detail of communication according to the audience.
- High level of creativity and innovation matched with ability to focus and ensure structured execution
- Demonstrable track record of displaying good judgement
a. Business decisions
b. People and performance
c. Ethical business behaviour
- High level of ambition and drive matched with self-awareness and desire to learn and develop
- Able to operate independently with high quality and with appropriate detail orientation.
- High level of financial and analytical capability enabling rapid assimilation of key data along with effective management of operational investment/expense.
- High quality bachelor’s degree. Post graduate communications qualifications – preferred.
- Open to travel extensively as part of role >25%.
Work from a home-based office environment.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.