Ready to join one of the truly great companies in Ireland? We have a really exciting job opportunity for a Global Sourcing Manager – Raw Materials based in Mayo
Join a super team of people and a company that offers exceptional salaries and rewards.
Let’s have a conversation to find out more about what’s important to you.
Working with one of the world renowned Medical Device Companies, this position reports to the Senior Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing Direct and will be responsible for handling the company’s tactical end to end sourcing operations for raw material spend. Maintain, compliance, guidelines and supervise activities within a Global Strategic Sourcing organization. This role will have responsibility for developing and aligning sourcing strategies, leveraging supplier relationships, analyzing market conditions, and negotiating with suppliers and internal partners to optimize sustained value for the business.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be an excellent collaborator with Business Value Chains (Plant Materials Management and Planning, Manufacturing, New Product Introduction) R&D, Engineering, Quality, Legal, Regulatory teams and ad hoc project teams.
- Line manager excellence to engage and accelerate the development of a team of 4-5 raw material Category Leaders in building category expertise, executing sourcing strategies and disciplined compliance requirements
- Influence and foster change management behaviour’s to lead changes in work practice systems
- Identify process improvements that enable Category Managers to streamline workload
- Drive team activities and organizational initiatives
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio for raw material spend
- Execute sourcing and category management strategies
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
- Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
- Manage fluctuations in commodity prices through risk management techniques
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Responsible for the negotiation, execution and implementation of commercial agreements
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Drive, enable or influence Continuity Management; apply risk mitigation techniques
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, ideally Masters preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in strategic procurement and/or directly relevant supply chain discipline
- 4+ years’ experience in managing multiple, direct reports and/or cross functional teams
- Working knowledge and experience with strategic sourcing processes
- Superb leadership and communication skills
- Advanced ability to collaborate and negotiate
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking abilities- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- Sound understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
For further information on this Global Sourcing Manager opportunity role in Mayo please contact Helga Reeves on /
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website –
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval