Would you like to work for a great employer? Enable Ireland is an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of children and adults with disabilities in Ireland, and ranked 8th in the healthcare division of the Irish Independent’s Best Employers 2022 list.
We are currently seeking an Administrator to join our Network 5 team in Galway.
Contract Type: This is a Fixed Term contract until June 2023.
Contract Hours: 0.43 WTE, 15 hours per week
Overview of the Post:
The successful candidate will provide support to the one of the Children’s Disability Network Teams (CDNTs) in Co Galway. The successful candidate may assigned to either the North, South and East, City west, West county or City East network team.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that Service User confidentiality is respected at all times
• Provide word processing, transcription from audio tapes, filing, photocopying etc. to the above as required
• Input Service User data on Goldmine (Electronic Service User Recording System) or other electronic recording system and keep it updated
• Ensure the security of Service User files at all times
• Be accountable for maintaining good communication with the teams and families
• Maintain filing system, keep Service User files secure and up-to-date.
• Provide administration support to individual services as assigned
• Collect, collate and record statistics
• Be accountable for complying with Enable Ireland policies and procedures and PDS policies and procedures
• Provide administrative support to Enable Ireland Childrens Team/Services as assigned
• Follow requirements of GDPR in all aspects of the role
• Respond to enquiries from families and referrers by telephone and email
• Liaise with Primary and acute care services as appropriate
• Work within Enable Ireland s EFQM quality system
• Participate in Enable Ireland in service training/study days/conferences as required
• Any other appropriate duties as assigned by Enable Ireland management
Please see Job Description for full list of duties.
• Secretarial/Admin Experience
• Basic Medical Secretary training/experience
• Proficiency in MS Suite e.g. word, excel, power point
• Experience of managing telephone enquires
• File management both manual and electronic
• Experience of minute taking
• Compiling statistics
• Medical Secretary Diploma
• Awareness of services for people with disabilities
• Awareness of legislation in relation to children and disability
• Knowledge of Progressing Disability Services (PDS)
• Ability to respond to incidents of service pressure appropriately
• Experience in customer care
• Familiar in use of a quality system in previous employment
If you feel you would fit the role then please submit your application today.
As an employee of Enable Ireland, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Great training and CPD opportunities
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Long service reward schemes
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
♥ Wellbeing Benefits
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th July 2022
A panel may be formed from this vacancy for any similar vacancies, which may arise during the next 12 months.
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employe r.
• The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant.
• Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
• Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
• The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment.
• Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with: 1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview; and 2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy.
By clicking on the Continue to application button you will be directed to the careers section of our website where you can download an application form/job description/person specification and will find instructions on how to apply.