At Compass Ireland, our people are our business. When you join the Compass Group you will be joining a supportive network of incredible individuals, each united by their passion for going the extra mile for the organisations we partner with. We are building a team who care about providing a great customer experience and want to grow and develop as we do. We are dedicated to investing in every member joining us.
As well as a competitive salary of €90-100K per annum, we offer:
- Company Bonus
- Car or allowance
- Free lunch, snacks & coffee while in the office
- Free parking
- Career Pathways to support career progression and/or skills development
- Learning & development programs available alongside access to hundreds of online training courses for personal and professional development & growth
- Access to Perks shopping discounts which can be used across the Island of Ireland to save at various restaurants, high street stores, hotels, day out venues, leisure centres, gyms, golf courses and many more
- Hybrid/Flexible Working to support work life balance (days required in the office is open for discussion at interview stage)
- Generous annual leave with an additional leave purchase scheme to balance home and work life
- Access to wellness programs to promote mental health and wellbeing of our colleagues
- Employee Assistance Program to guide and support our employees
- Exciting internal reward and recognition schemes
- VHI Healthcare discount
- Life assurance cover
What you’ll be doing:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Director to join our fast-paced innovative company. We are seeking an ambitious and motivated individual who is keen to meet the challenges of contributing to a dynamic environment. This role will business partner the Managing Director of Ireland, and will be accountable for the Ireland performance forecasted at €85m Revenue & 6.7% margin.
You will manage a team of finance professionals and you will be involved in high profile Sector and UK projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual, with great problem-solving ability and a clear commercial acumen, a resilient leader with high integrity This is a chance to work in a forward-thinking foodservice company within a dynamic, fast-growing team with a passion for great food.
More about the role:
This role will lead the Ireland finance team which supports our business with concise, high impact, proactive reporting, forecasting and analysis.
- Trusted sounding board for MD, supporting strategic thinking and challenging the status quo
- Finance forecasting & governance – support business in delivering sector targets
- Able to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders in a simple yet compelling way
- Help to identify opportunities and mitigate risks
- Lead business review preparation for Sector review. Coordinate monthly sub-sector reviews
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes for the subsector in adherence to sector timetable
- Drive weekly reporting and rolling forecast for the subsector
- Operation of robust and rigorous controls over financial reporting processes to meet internal and external standards
- Attend monthly balance sheet reviews and working capital reviews for the subsector.
- Set target and drive cash collection for the subsector
- Own and maintain judgement paper for the subsector
- Attend audit review with FP&A manager
Data & MI
- Drive a culture of using data / analytics to inform business improvement
- Act as a financial leader within the sector team through insight
- Utilise data management, analytics and reporting tools to continually optimise processes both within finance and the wider business
- Manage a team of finance professionals
- Inspire team members as a role model
- Team development & engagement
- Drive continuous improvement & process innovation
- Supporting & leading on Sector/UK finance initiatives
- You will also support country growth, with opportunities to lead on mergers and acquisitions.
Who you are:
Key Skills and Experience:
- We are looking for a qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) Finance Director who ideally has built and managed teams, has a track record of managing all aspects of finance and improving the support that finance provides to a business
- Experience of business partnering with senior stakeholders
- Ability to challenge, influence and persuade at all levels
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Financial modelling and reporting skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Business analysis and decision-making support, including financial analyses and modelling
- Experience of operating within a multi-site, multi-contract organisation
- Previous experience in the foodservice industry
- Good working knowledge of SAP & Cognos
Compass Group reserves the right to enhance the criteria, if necessary, for the purposes of shortlisting.