Position: Head of the Fund Risk Function & Designated Person for Fund Risk Management (PCF-39C)
Group Company: MPMF Fund Management Ireland Limited (“MPMF”)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard-bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations. With 16 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion.
MPMF is the Maples Group’s authorized Alternative Investment Fund Manager and UCITS Management Company providing services to clients wishing to establish fund structures across the EU. With nearly a 100 funds under management with AUM in excess of $10bn MPMF is one of the leading providers of 3rd part hosted management company services.
We are seeking a Head of Fund Risk to join our team and invite eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
About the Role
Head of the Fund Risk Function & Designated Person for Fund Risk Management will be a senior member of the MPMF Management team, holding the Designated Person for Fund Risk PCF 39-C (subject to Central Bank of Ireland approval), and leading a team of 4 risk professionals. Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer, they will also have reporting lines to the CEO and the Board of MPMF. They will also co-manage key client relationships. Primary responsibilities include:
- Periodic reporting to the MPMF Board including escalation of all relevant fund risk matters.
- Oversight of the Fund Risk Program including updating of the Company’s Risk Framework and key governance documentation
- Calculating, reviewing, and monitoring specified risk metrics and risk adjusted fund indicators;
- Developing and validating risk models on VaR, leverage, liquidity, stress testing and counterparty risk;
- Liaising with relevant service providers, such as managers, depositaries and administrators;
- Work on projects, and on-boarding of new clients, with other MPMF teams, including Compliance, Investments and Operational Risk;
- Support board members, prepare reports, present at board meetings;
- Manage deliverables to ensure compliance with regulatory and client requirements and to ensure streamlined and effective operations;
- Promote a positive culture and lead the Fund Risk Team by example; and
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including clients, prospects, regulators, industry associations, Board members and colleagues.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Experience across both UCITS and AIF vehicles desirable with UCITS a key focus:
- 3-4 years’ experience in the Risk department of a regulated financial service provider e.g. Management Company, Asset Manager, Management Company or Credit Institution etc;
- A relevant degree level education and/or a professional qualification (e.g. FRM, PRMIA, CFA) with an exceptional academic background is preferred;
- Familiarity with CP86 and Annex IV process;
- Be proactive; goals oriented, work well under pressure to meet deadlines, and should be willing to take on new activities and challenges;
- Advanced numerical skills, attention to detail, professionalism and excellent organizational and communication skills;
- An interest in financial markets, and the changing regulatory landscape, with a knowledge of the UCITS and AIFMD framework;
- Proven track record in delivering best in class service;
- Superior analytical and problem-resolution skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Sound business judgement; and
- A strong work ethic and sense of ownership.
Benefits & Rewards
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world’s preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
You can learn more about the Maples Group on . Experience our culture and our people on our or on .
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.