Care to make a difference?
Come and join us at Home Instead – the world’s largest and most trusted private home care provider. With our local office in South Cork we take great pride in providing people-centred support to our staff so they can provide the best support to the most vulnerable in our community.
We are currently experiencing an unprecedented demand for our service across Cork City and County and are hiring Health Care Assistants to work on permanent and temporary basis over the summer period.
What will you do?
Working as part of a team of Home Carers you will be helping our clients to maintain their independence, live at home and support all aspects of their lives.
- Assist clients with the activities of daily living / Personal activities
- Light Household Duties
- Prompt medication
- Meal preparation / Grocery Shopping
Benefits to you:
- Incentive for onboarding training completion
- Flexible working hours to suit your availability
- Competitive pay with increases for length of service & higher than standard industry rates in the West Cork area
- Uncapped travel allowance
- Rewarding work and personal development
- Professional training, including QQI level 5 training, induction programme, patient moving and handling, dementia and palliative care training
- Wellbeing initiatives such as personal development workshops and bereavement support
- 24-hour support, mentoring and a commitment to employee voice
- Refer a friend bonus
- Career progression
Skills we are looking for:
- A caring person
- Previous care experience preferred, either personal or professional
- Conversational English
- Own transportation and full clean drivers licence is desirable
- Commitment to complete or completed QQI Level 5 Care of the Elderly and Care Skills modules or studies in allied therapy disciplines such as Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language.
- In order to work in Ireland a non-EEA National, unless they are exempted, must hold a valid Employment Permit. Unfortunately, applicants that do not reside in Ireland or hold a valid employment permit, cannot be progressed to recruitment stage.