We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Healthcare Assistant to work with people with physical and sensory disabilities facility based in Blackrock/Mahon, Cork City. This position is 12 month fixed term contract
Successful candidates must be flexible and available to work evenings and weekends.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and always adhering to safe practice.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice.
- Assist in serving of meals, laundry, and general cleaning tasks.
- Support management and nurses in the wellbeing of clients
- Record accidents, incidents, and report information to designated person on duty
Applicants must have:
- Training in responses to behaviour that challenges and medication management.
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent
- Experience of working in a residential care setting
- Experience of facilitating and implementing a person centred plan.
- Work as part of as team to provide services to clients with physical and sensory disabilities
References will be required and Garda clearance checks will be carried out.
If you feel that you have the requirements and skills for this role, please apply with an updated copy of your CV.